• File sharing/Storage
• Ease of use
• Sync time
• Version History
POSSIBLE TOOLS FOR
iPhone Group Messaging
Google Video Chat/Hangouts
General Collaborative Tools
WHATSAPP IS A MOBILE MESSAGING APPLICATION THAT ALLOWS USERS TO
EXCHANGE MESSAGES WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY FOR SMS.
• WHATSAPP IS A CROSS PLATFORM APP WHICH MEANS IT AVAILABLE ON ALL
MAJOR OPERATING SYSTEMS.
• WHATSAPP USES YOUR CURRENT PHONE NUMBER SO NO LOGINS ARE
REQUIRED, YOUR CONTACTS ARE ALSO SYNCED.
• NOT ONLY CAN YOU SEND TEXT BUT VIDEO AND AUDIO MESSAGES CAN BE
SENT AS WELL.
• WHEN A PHONE CALL IS MADE, STANDARD CARRIER RATES APPLY, UNLIKE
VIBER AND GOOGLE HANGOUTS.
• THERE IS A SMALL 99 CENT/YEAR FEE ASSOCIATED WITH WHATSAPP AFTER
THE FIRST YEAR OF USE.
• YOU CAN’T DOWNLOAD WHATSAPP ON YOUR PC SO YOU CAN’T
COMMUNICATE WITH PEOPLE WHO DON’T OWN A SMARTPHONE.
• Accessibility, available to all SFSU students, free.
• Communication, uses threads to easily display conversation.
• Collaboration tools like text and web conferencing available.
• Instructor’s permission needed for video chat.
• Availability is limited due to frequent updates on school website.
• Support is only available during office hours.
iLearn is SFSU’s default website for students to use with classes.
WUNDERLIST IS AN APPLICATION THAT ALLOWS YOU TO
MANAGE AND SHARE YOUR TO-DO LISTS.
Compatible with all PCs, Mac computers, all smartphones and all tablets.
Uses cloud computing to wirelessly sync to-do lists to all team members and
to all tablets, computers, and phones that are accessing the application.
No way to back up lists.
Reported crashing problems.
Application heavily pushes for updates to make money.
• Skype is less expensive than alternative modes of communication, such as
telephone calls and voice mail.
• You can receive messages from landline phone calls through Skype and it is
not restricted to computer communication.
• Skype allows for face-to-face conversations, which can make business
interactions more interactive.
• Unlike face time, Skype is not restricted to Apple hardware and could be
accessed on virtually any type of operating system.
• Groups of 10 people can communicate simultaneously.
• Since Skype uses voice over Internet protocol (VoIP), Internet access is
necessary for at least one person.
• Skype is susceptible to viruses and hackers. Users personal information can
• Since Skype is a new form of communicating there is a learning curve
involved with using this medium.
• Free to use until users hit large storage limit
• Reliable due to being offered by Google
• Available for use on multiple platforms
• Allows users to upload files for storage and sharing
• Secure and private
• Offers version control
• Has other uses like word processing and video conferencing
• Once storage limit is hit you must delete files or pay for more
• Requires an internet connection unless files are downloaded beforehand
• No notifications upon updates
• Google Drive (for storage and multiple other uses)
• Ilearn (for communication and conferencing)
• Skype (for virtual meetings if necessary)
• Kondolojy, Amanda. Cons of Skype. eHow.com. Retrieved September 29 , 2013 http:/
• (2012, May 24). 5 real benefits of using skype for business. Skype.com. Retrieved
• September 29, 2013, http://blogs.skype.com/2012/05/24/5-real-benefits-of-using-