1. Dirty Docks Brandon Killius Principles of Entrepreneurship MAN 3802
2. ProblemThere are thousands ofwaterfront homes who’sdocks are falling apart.Constant cycles of wet/dry, expansion/contraction causes woodto warp, crack, split andturn that unsightly graycolor
3. SolutionMission - To provide the best customerexperience possible by performing aprofessional service at an affordable price.Vision - Is to become Tampa Bays leadingdeck and dock restoration company withproducts and services that set higherstandards.Value – To build long-term relationships bycontinuously exceeding our customersexpectations.Strategy - Capitalize on sales by means ofadvertising, work ethics, and our price.
4. Industry and Target Market • We would be in the marine construction industry and our target market would be open to anyone with a deck and/or dock. • According to the U.S. Bureau of the Census, Florida was the number one state with the Most marinas and the state with the highest revenues from marinas.
5. Statistics• According to the Home Safety Counsel; there are over 40 million decks in the U.S. and over half of them are in danger of collapse. • In 2010 there were twelve recorded collapsings, injuring ten and killing at least 1.• In 2010 they conducted a study with over 1,000 consumers nationwide • Of the 1,000+ consumers studied 10% admitted to never checking their deck or dock for structural damages. • 20% of the consumers said they had never cleaned their deck and an even greater number hadnt stained or sealed their deck or checked for splinters and popped nails.
6. Competition / Competitive advantageOur main top three competitors are: Heritage Docks Gulfside Docks DeBaylo Marine Brads Custom Docks D&J Marine
7. Swot Strengths Weaknesses Creative New to the industryDedicated / Hard Working Opportunities Threats Continued Services Competition (Service Department) Red Tape (licensing)Mailers (service reminder) 7
9. Marketing and SalesApparel Physical Advertising•T-Shirts •Aluminum Plate at the end of the•Hats dock•Coosies •Magnets on doors of vehicle•Frisbees •Rear window of truck •Stickers •Signs on trailer •Water proof business card holder
11. Operations & Milestones Task Completion Date• Occupational Licensing • May 2011• Completed Cash Flow Analysis • February 2011• Advertising February 2011• Update Business Acct. as an LLC, • February 2011or corporation.• Re-File Business as an LLC • February 2011• Obtain EIN number (IRS.GOV) • February 2011
12. Sources• TVB, NEILSON MEDIA Research Custom Survey 2006• "States with the Highest Revenue from Marinas, 1997 " Economic Census, U.S. Bureau of the Census, http:// factﬁnder.census.gov, 1997. Business Rankings Annual 2001. Gale Group, 2001 Reproduced in Business and Company Resource Center. Farmington Hills, Mich.: Gale Group, June 2002. http:// galenet.galegroup.com/servlet/BCRC• "States with the Most Marinas, 1997 " Economic Census, U.S. Bureau of the Census, http://factﬁnder.census.gov, 1997. Business Rankings Annual 2001. Gale Group, 2001 Reproduced in Business and Company Resource Center. Farmington Hills, Mich.: Gale Group, June 2002. http:// galenet.galegroup.com/servlet/BCRC