1. BrandYourself Tutorial Series
- Tutorial #2-
2. BrandYourself’s free Do-it-Yourself
online reputation management tool
helps you take control of Google
results for your name.
3. In this BrandYourself tutorial,
we’ll cover how to get your
4. Well, what’s a Search Score?
5. Your Search Score is how many positive results are about you vs.
negative on your first page. For example:
A full page of positive, relevant
results about YOU
A perfect score
(this is what you should aim for!)
6. Now, how do you get your
7. LOGIN TO YOUR BRANDYOURSELF ACCOUNT1
Don’t have an account? Sign up
for FREE at brandyourself.com
8. GO TO THE REPORT CARD TAB2
In the Report Card tab, scroll down to the section that shows your search results.
9. MARK EACH RESULT2
To get your search score, mark each result by clicking the labels on the right.
Mark it either POSITIVE, NEGATIVE or NOT ME.
10. A PERSONAL
Positive- If it’s about you and you don’t mind people finding it -
11. A RIPOFF REPORT REPORT
OR BAD REVIEW
A NEGATIVE COMMENT
BY OR ABOUT YOU
Negative- If it’s about you and you don’t want it showing up -
12. NOT ME- If it’s about someone else & it CAN’T be confused for you (and isn’t negative)-
A CELEBRITYA WELL-KNOWN FIGURE
SOMEONE WHO IS CLEARLY
NOT YOUR AGE / PROFESSION
13. There are a few special cases…
14. A directory page- That lists your profile along with other people -
If you can find your profile
quickly when you click on the
link, then mark it POSITIVE
If you’re not easy to find,
mark it NOT ME
Our co-founder, Pete, is easy to
find in this LinkedIn directory so
he’ll mark it as positive.
15. someone Else’s Negative- That people could mistake for you -
Like our co-founder Pete, who was being mistaken for:
A criminal with the same name The REAL Pete Kistler, NOT a criminal
16. If you’re still not sure how to mark the result, click “Not Sure?”
17. If you don’t recognize the link, click to view it in a new window
18. GET YOUR SEARCH SCORE3
Once you’ve marked your first page of results, we’ll calculate your Search Score.
Don’t forget to share it with your friends!
19. Got questions?
20. Contact our awesome support team
OR chat with someone
during business hours by
clicking this green tab
21. Look great when employers, clients and even dates Google you.