1. Can Your Business
Pass This Google Test?
2. Social media are revolutionizing business communication—
even companies that don't use these tools yet are affected by
new audience behaviors and expectations.
3. Is your business communication textbook informed by real-
life, hands-on experience with social media? We invite you to
try a simple experiment.
4. 1. Google the following keywords: Bovee Thill social media
How many results do you see?
5. 2. Now search for social media along with the names of the
authors of your current text.
How do the results compare with the Bovee and Thill search?
6. Which authors names do you see associated with social media
sites, such as Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+,
Instagram, Flickr, SlideShare, SlideBoom, Authorstream,
StumbleUpon, Scribd, Photobucket, Bag the Web, About.Me,
Twylah, Scoop.it, Skype, WhatsApp, Yahoo Messenger, My
Zimbio, Clipular, Tumblr, Symbaloo, Kippt, Redux, Storify,
Yahoo Pipes, Rockpack, Plaxo, Waywire, Bovee and Thill's
Business Communication Blog, Business Communication
Headline News, Instapaper, and YouTube?
7. The answer: You'll see Bovee and Thill associated with dozens
of social media sites, including the 35 sites mentioned above.
All other business communication authors: practically none.
8. The reason for this discrepancy is that Bovee and Thill use the
social media tools they write about, and they've been active
and innovative practitioners for years now.
This deep experience is reflected in their textbooks, with
thoroughly integrated coverage of social media practices and
dozens of real-world social media cases and student exercises.
9. For other authors, social media appear
to be largely an abstract concept.
10. Which authors’ textbooks would you and your students benefit
from the most?
11. Bovee and Thill, the proven leaders in social media and
As you saw yourself, they’re the only authors who can pass the
Bonus: Click this link to see Exclusive Teaching Resources for
Business Communication Instructors.