2. We celebrated 75 years of Bolton Central
Library at Le Mans Crescent, and 160 years of
the library service in Bolton.
3. We were awarded a grant of £115,300 from the
Heritage Lottery Fund towards the re-development
of the Egyptology Gallery.
4. Over 2000 children across Bolton took part in
2013’s ‘Creepy House’ themed Summer Reading
5. We unveiled a new permanent display of
Nat Lofthouse memorabilia in the Bolton
Photo: The Bolton News
6. Bolton showed off its wealth of creative
talent with over 270 entries into the 5th
Open Art exhibition.
7. We worked with libraries across the North of
England to celebrate Try Reading and the Rugby
League World Cup 2013.
8. We celebrated the 260th anniversary
of Samuel Crompton’s birth.
9. The Aquarium successfully renewed its zoo
licence for the next 7 years for the wonderful
freshwater fish collection from all over the
10. Photographer Richard Gaskill won the Humphrey Spender
John Marriot Scholarship for 2013 and was the subject of
an exhibition ‘Sports, Spectacles and Spectators’.
Photo: Richard Gaskill
11. We celebrated the summer Festival of
Archaeology with a range of events
including talks, finds days and fairs. Look out
for more in 2014!
12. Our community libraries were awash with family
activities including scarecrows, board games,
object handling, drama, Summer Reading
Challenge ‘Creepy House’ activities and more.
Who says libraries have to be quiet?!
13. Our annual Smithills Hall summer Garden Party
attracted over 1000 visitors, with sell out ghost
tours in October and November and a wonderful
Christmas performance from the Bennett Ladies
14. We launched our new website www.boltonlams.co.uk.
Pop by for a browse if you haven’t already!