1. Sharing Photos & Images in Bob Bertsch February 7, 2011
2. What is Flickr? <ul><li>Flickr is an online image hosting and community website where users from all over the world post digital images, mainly photographs, on all kinds of subjects. Anyone can look at images on Flickr, but in order to upload your own images you must create an account. Basic Flickr accounts are free of charge. </li></ul>
3. Explore Flickr
4. Flickr Search <ul><ul><li>No account necessary </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Search tags, description and title </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Advanced search for Creative Commons licensed photos </li></ul></ul>
9. Flickr Image Actions What is a gallery? Galleries are a way to curate up to 18 public photos or videos of your fellow members into one place.
10. Flickr Image Download
11. Flickr Image Download
12. Flickr Image Sharing
13. Create a Flickr Account
14. Create a Flickr Account Free Flickr accounts allow the uploading of 2 videos and 300 MB of photos per month.
15. Flickr Account - Logged In
16. Flickr Account Settings
17. Flickr Account Settings
18. Flickr Account Settings Contacts You can mark anyone you meet or invite in Flickr as a contact. You can organize your contacts into friends, family, or friends and family. The different types of contacts let you choose who sees what in your photostream. When you upload photos you can choose to have them be viewable to everyone, or just people you have marked as friends and/or family .
19. Flickr Account Settings
20. Flickr Account Settings
21. Adding Images To Flickr Flickr's Terms of Service require that you own the copyright to any image you upload. That means permission to use an image is not enough. You must own the full rights to that image. It's best to stick to images you have taken.
22. Flickr Uploadr http://www.flickr.com/tools
23. Flickr Uploadr
24. Flickr Web Upload
25. Flickr Web Upload
26. Flickr Web Upload
27. Flickr Web Upload
28. Flickr Upload by Email
29. Flickr Groups Groups Groups are a way to share photos among multiple users. They can either be public, public (invite only) or completely private. Every group has a pool for photos and/or video and a discussion board for talking.
30. Flickr Groups
31. Flickr Groups NDSU Ag Communication is a private group. You need to request an invitation to join.
32. Flickr Groups
33. Flickr Groups Once your request has been accepted, a message like this will come to the email address associated with your Flickr account.
34. Flickr Groups
35. Flickr Groups
36. Flickr Groups
37. Flickr Tips <ul><ul><li>Choose your photos carefully before you upload </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Tag your images to make them searchable and findable </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Resize and compress photos before you upload </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Subscribe to your photos' comments feed </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Proactively choose the privacy settings on your photos and profile </li></ul></ul>