BTN Starting Information
“The Big Ten Network’s main workplace is in
Chicago, Illinois (Btn.com/About Us).
• one of the first TV stations to televise one of the
main conferences in college sports.
• This TV channel has these 12 teams and has
more than 350 events in HD television, and it is
also on 24-7 and every day of the year, like other
BTN HISTORY AND
• The Big Ten network first air on TV was Thursday
August 30, 2007.
• It showed the show Big ten tonight and had some
news updates about the conference.
• On 9/1/2007 it showed football games including the
funny time when an FCS school Appalachian State
• Through the years the colleges went from 11-12 and
the money has doubled from 150 million to 300
• Jim Delany(who is the commissioner)said that
through 5 years it reached 90 million homes
Leaders and Marks of the Network
President Mark Silverman
Vice President Mark Hulsey
What I plan to do?
One of the jobs I could do is one that I found on Fox
Taleo.net that Karyn Kasper is hiring.
This job is Freelance and operations and
• It is a technician that would work with Transmission staff and
the technical group, helping with filming sports inside and
• “We would do things like downloading HD and SD satellite
feed and broadcasting events during commercial breaks.