1. This guy@BrunoDillenStudies:TEW (University of Antwerp)Work:Coolblue - Online Marketeer BelgiumThese Days - E-business DirectorArtinthepicture.com, Amigurumipatterns.net, ...- Owner
2. Who is this?
3. These Days- We are a full-service digital marketing agency- We have over 130 talents in Antwerp and Amsterdam- We believe in added value and a truebusinessunderstanding, so we focus on structural,long-term partnerships with our customers- We believe there is no one-size-fits-all-solution, so weadapt our structure, teams and our people to the needsof our customers- We believe true success is a combination of long-termstrategy and short-term execution, which is why we area strategic and hands-on partner
4. What we wont talk about(which does not imply it isnt extremely valuable)
5. Optimization as a continuous process
6. Optimization: A/B testing
7. Google Analytics Experiments
8. Theres always 5%+60%registrations
9. Theres always 5%+89%clickthroughsto pricing plan
10. Theres always 5%+36%sales-25%registrations
11. Times… they are changing
12. Briefing: business plan
13. Briefing: testing plan
14. 80% effort
18. So... how to get strategic valueout of your Analytics?
19. The (4) Ps
20. Optimization: UX & Design=
23. PlaceRemarketing for search:- Increase conversions byusing it as real remarketingtool- Exclude certain audiences(logged in customers, …) fromseeing your paid ads- Find out what your websitevisitors are searching for onthe web: reviews, competitors,cross-sell possibilities, …
29. Pricing (and profitability)from product developmentfrom P&Lfrom marketing & salesCPA of € 100 CPA of € 50
32. Case study
33. What- Platform for digital learningthrough exercises- Targeting students in highschool- With personal coach assistingdevelopment through webcam orphone- Bèta test only supportedmathematics for 2nd gradeadolescents
34. Questions- Can you validate whether weare on the right track?- Can you help us grow thecurrent business?- Can you help us decide on thenext step?
35. QuestionsDirect advertisingthrough schools &generic SEA# of visitors:not very highPageviews:very highFree trials:low%Paid conv:high %People looking formore information…but not convertingThose who convert,also end up buying
40. Results# of visitors:no changePageviews:decreasedFree trials:+60%Paid conv:+40 %Email database othercourses/ages:help us decide on next steps& gives us a starting point
42. The single most important P
43. OptimizationLearning as a continuous process
44. Data helps you with muchmore than traditionaloptimization: it helps youthink about product, price,place, partners, …Thus data should get acentral position in yourorganization, not just an exclusive tool for marketing/sales.Anything can be tested. Why use elaborate planning andwaterfall methods when a quick iteration of tests can teachus much more in this fast-changing and unpredictableenvironment with much less effort and money.