1. www.BLAZEAUTOMATION.comBrief Profile of Blaze AutomationSridhar PonugupatiChief Executive Officer
2. Presentation AgendaBrief Introduction to Blaze : > History and People > Product Profile and Life Cycle of Products > Projects, Partners and Clientele
3. History• Founded in 2006 – in a Research lab in IIITH, IET• Registered under ROC as a Private Limited Company in 2007> Embedded systems based company> Initial concentration : Design of integrating units with various standard security and automation equipment. Grown-up : Comprehensive Security and Automation Manufacturer> Experience: First security project with RBI Printing press of Mysore.> Success story: Fullerton credit company security Alarm system – 900 units integrated to a single call centre.> Associated with Microsoft Innovation Centre, Technology Development Centre, Labs at IIITH etc..
4. PeopleNagarjuna Valluripalli – Managing DirectorNagarjuna served as the Founder, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer ofIntelligroup, Inc .Throughout the years, Nagarjun has received various awards such as:*NJ Fast 50 awards in the years 1995,1996,1997*NJ Fast 500 award in 1999, NJ Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist in the years1995,1996,1997, NJ Ernst and young Entrepreneur of the Year Winner in 2001.*Var Business 500 Awards in 2000,2001,2002, Young Presidents’ Organization, Inc. In2003,Recipient of Ronald Reagan Technology Award from the World Business Forumfor 2004.Responsible for Industry out reach, Active member of Ideation teamof Blaze and expert in product conceptualization.
5. People Dr. Dave Irvine Halliday – DirectorFounder of NGO: “Light Up The World (LUTW)” (1997) LUTW has facilitatedaffordable Solid State Lighting systems in 53 countries.Founder: “Visionary Lighting & Energy India Pvt. Ltd. (VLE)”Professor Emeritus University of Calgary: Projects with Univ. of Calgary & MountRoyal University (Canada), and BVRIT (Hyderabad).Awards: Two dozen including - Rolex Laureate 2002, Tech Museum Laureate 2002,Saatchi and Saatchi Laureate 2003, Meritorious Service Medal (MSM), Gov. ofCanada (2005), Honorary Doctorate, Aberdeen University, Scotland (2006), K. Y. LoMedal of the Engineering Institute of Canada (2008).Expert in Power Electronics, Solar Photovoltaic Systems and LEDLighting Systems designing
6. PeopleSarada Akkineni – DirectorSarada brings over 10 years of management experience from flagship telecomcompanies. Her experience spans a range of technologies including BroadbandNetworking, Asynchronous Transfer Mode Switches, High speed Routers andVoIP systems.During her career she has held management positions at Lucent Technologiesand Net2Phone and started her career as a software engineer at Cisco Systemsand interned as a network engineer at Bell Labs.Sarada Akkineni is currently responsible for managing hardwareengineering, software design and development of Blazes HomeAutomation Division.
7. PeopleSridhar Ponugupati – Chief Executive OfficerFounder Member of Blaze Automation, IET and Member BVRIT – InnovationCentre (now Microsoft Innovation Centre), ATL (Assistive Technology Laboratory),TDC (Technology Development Centre).Worked with Microsoft and IIITH on Digital Inclusion project for design ofTelemedicine equipment, Experience includes: Audio & Video automation, SolidState Lighting system design using Renewable energies, Battery Management etc.Awards: IEEE’s Innovative circuit designer award, Faraday Award from IEEE forSolid state Lighting, Top 20 Programmers in world by Microsoft in 2005 throughWESC-2005.Sridhar is currently responsible for Business Development , Ideation , andIndustry out reach for Production and other strategic partnerships.Job profile also includes, managing hardware engineering, software designand development teams at Blaze.
8. Product Profile4 Broad Categories• Home/ Building / Office Automation• Security and Surveillance• RFID Technology• Solar LED Lighting SystemsEmbedded Systems Engg. Services
9. Product Life Cycle
10. 7 Stage Life Cycle 1. Ideation 2. Architecture / Design and Documentation 7. Marketing and Sales 3. Testing and Quality Control 6. Production 4. Standardization 5. Enclosure designing
11. 4 StageimplementationStrategy for each Task
12. Product Profile – More Details with Application Examples
13. Product Profile – Automation• Automation: Home, Building and Office Automation > Occupancy based Lighting and Daylight harvesting > Lighting and Air-conditioning system control > Appliance Control > Smart Metering – Energy and Water consumption > Distributed Audio and Video > Home Theatre Automation > Fingerprint Access control and Security Alarm integration > Irrigation control, Swimming Pool Automation, Gate control ..
14. Automation Home Automation Smart Home Packages Multi-zone Audio Distributed Video Home Theatre system Touch Switch boards Automated Gates Home Security and VDP CCTV surveillance
15. Controls :1. Lighting – Mood & Scenario2. Fans – Speed and On/OFF3. Air-conditioning Systems4. Security Alarm System5. Surveillance6. Multi- Zone Audio7. Distributed Video8. Drapes / Curtains9. Energy Mgt – Sensor lighting10. Appliance Control11. Telephony Systems12. Presets13. Energy Efficient Generator mgt14. intelli Solar Power Harnessing
16. Multi Zone audio System1. 8 Zone System2. Selection of song and zone3. 12 quick time Equalizers4. Up-to 4 Effects5. Real Time switching b/w zones6. Repeat and Shuffle7. Multi – level Search
17. 1. Total Home Control2. Intuitive User Interface3. One page user Manual4. Fail safe Architecture5. Redundant Architecture6. Control from anywhere7. Multiple clients enabled8. Co-exists with Manual system
18. Active BLAZE Applications in APPLE StoreXBMC BLAZE AdvancedRemote control Multi Room HomeApplication Audio Automation controller ( 4 / Application 8 / 12 Zones) Pioneer Home Theatre Blu-Ray Remote control system control APP Application Rotel BLAZE Preprocessor and Home Theatre Power Amplifier control system controller
19. Automation -Application Areas in various other segments Building Automation Office Automation HVAC Control Conference Room solutions Occupancy based Lighting A/V Distribution and Daylight Harvesting Distributed A/V solutions Asset tracking Access Control, Time and Utility metering and Attendance Management Industry specific process Asset Tracking using RFID Automation Access control and security Energy management Structured cabling Work force monitoring Energy auditing and Parking Management renewable incorporation
20. Integrated Township Management System – Combination of Home Automation buildingblocks Parking RFID Moving In/Out GPS based Systems Information Video Streaming Services of selected zones Users viz., Car Parking Child Tracking Integrated Township Management System Maintenance Requests Issue Tracking Administration Video Door Phone Biometric Access Remote Controlled Switches Touch Screens Protocols Office Spaces Yoga & Meditation hall School Gym Hospital Spa with Jacuzzi Shopping Mall Billiards / Pool Food Court Skating Rink Service Swimming pool Apartments Amphi-theatre Multiplex Star Hotel.. Confidential | BLAZE,
21. Home AutomationUser Interface Design Capabilities Windows Desktop / Tablet Windows 7 mobile devices Apple IPhone, ITouch, IPAD etc.. Android Mobiles and Tablet devices
22. Home AutomationProducts 1. Home Automation Server – 1 (Basic server with wired connectivity through RS 232/ 485 interface / Zigbee connectivity / Wi-Fi Built-in / ) Devices to be used with: a. Switch boards and RS 485 I/O module b. Dimmer module c. Analog input module d. PLC’s e. AC controls, External relays control, pool controls etc… 2. Home Automation Server – 2 ( With Built in Multi zone 4 / 8 channel Audio connectivity , Multi-zone Video Distribution system, RS 485 / 232 / Zigbee / Wi-Fi Built-in / ) Devices to be used with: a. Power Amplifier and Audio Server with processing unit. b. RS 485 I/O module c. Dimmer Module d. PLC’s e. AC controls, External relays control etc…
23. Home AutomationProducts 3. Multi zone Video Distribution System – For Home Theatre system and Multi zone Video distribution of the Repository + through external readers / Players + Memory devices + Wi- Fi. Devices to be used with: a. Projector control b. Power Amplifier control c. Video Source control d. Drapes control through a single system e. Lighting control in the Home theatre area 4. Home theatre System with Wi-Fi control for IPAD / ANDROID phone / Windows Mobile control. 5. I/O board for control of the following: Lighting, Fans, Dimming, Motion sensor i/p’s , switch i/p’s Motors,Drapes, Pools, electrical equipment etc.. 6. Switch boards with fan speed controlling. 7. Switches with just ON / OFF type controlling, Dimming, Fan speed control
24. AutomationOccupancy Based Lighting Systems Provide light when and where it is required – an egress path for late night workers eliminates unnecessary energy usage after hours.
25. Automation Occupancy Based Lighting – Sensors Energy Savings Private office 13–50% Conference room 22–65% Classroom 40–46% Restrooms 30–90% Corridors 30–80% Store areas (including warehouses) 45–80%
26. AutomationOccupancy Based Lighting – Day light HarvestingComponents1. Sensors (PIR, Ultrasonic, Dual Tech, Microwave)2. Controllers, Dimmers etc..
27. Home Automation System – Real Time Energy Consumption monitoring www.blazeautomation.com
28. Automation • Touch based Switch Boards and Sockets product suite
29. Product Profile – Security• Security and Surveillance : > Security alarm System and Sensors > Security Call centre software for monitored security systems. > Smoke and Fire Alarm Systems > Video Door Phone System > CCTV systems (Integration with Third party Hardware) > Solar Power Fencing System with CMS integration
30. Security Alarm Systems 13 Versions with PSTN, GSM/GPRS, Wi-Fi , TCP/IP , RS232 , Rs485 , Zigbee connectivity and Security Call Centre Infrastructure – 10K systems Features 100% Wireless Configuration Installation by DIY (Do It Yourself) Convenient Operation by Remote Control Easy to Upgrade / Easy to Relocate No Component Loss Danger Phone Line Cut Alarm No Component Loss Danger Auto Dialing and High – fidelity Voice Message Playback on intrusion and many more……
31. Security Alarm Systems ARM/ DISARM control Remote Site monitoring High Fidelity Voice playback through Remote Key fob through Telephone at the time of Intrusion Built In Self Test and Remote PSTN Telephone or 100% Do It Yourself Watch Dog Timer enabled Mobile based Control configuration and Installation Multi User Control Enabled Wide Range of Hooter Selection for Various application areas PANIC and MEDICAL Emergency enabled
32. Security Alarm Systems ARM/ DISARM control Remote Site monitoring High Fidelity Voice playback through Remote Key fob through Telephone at the time of Intrusion Built In Self Test and Remote PSTN Telephone or 100% Do It Yourself Watch Dog Timer enabled Mobile based Control configuration and Installation Multi User Control Enabled Wide Range of Hooter Selection for Various application areas PANIC and MEDICAL Emergenc enabled
33. Security Alarm Systems ARM/ DISARM control 100% Do It Yourself High Loudness configuration and Installation through Remote Key fob Built In Hooter Standalone – Low Power Consuming – Affordable
34. Security Alarm System- Accessories Wireless Shutter Wireless PIR Motion Wireless Vibration and open Sensors Detector Wireless Glass Break Detectors Wireless PIR Curtain Sensors Wireless Smoke and Gas Wireless high Loudness Leak Detector Siren module Also we are providing Wireless Heat Detectors, Gas Cut Off Valves, IR beam sensors and Pet Immune PIR sensors etc…
35. Security Alarm SystemsLarge Scale Customers: Crestron, Clipsal, AMX,Honeywell, GE Security, Control 4, Z-Wave and manymore existing players. Application Areas • Individual Homes as well as Apartments • Gated Communities • Small, Medium and Large Retail Stores • Mints, Banks, Government Agencies and ATM centers • Restaurants, Hotels etc.. • Schools[Examination Cell], Colleges etc.. • Temples and Endowment • PCO’s , Internet Centers and Bakers/ Food courts • Petrol Bunks, Large Storage spaces, Jewelers Stores etc…
36. Perimeter Security System – Solar Power fencing with CMS
37. Solar Power fencing with CMS – RBI Printing Press, Mysore
38. Solar Power fencing with CMS – RBI Printing Press, Mysore
39. Product Profile – Details (RFID Technology) • RFID > Labels of Different Configurations for various Applications > Application software for Handheld and Fixed readers of Motorola and other makes. > Solutions for inventory management and other track and Trace ApplicationsMaterial Handling Packing ,Tagging and Storage Dispatch management Verification and Sample Testing Warehouse Management
40. RFID - Components
41. RFID Application(APHMHIDC drug stores)
42. RFID Application(APHMHIDC drug stores)
43. RFID Application(APHMHIDC drug stores) RFID Inlay RFID Inlay Fixed Tag reader Setup converted to Label
44. Real Time Patient Tracking - RFID Application Active RFID TAG www.blazeautomation.com
45. Product Profile – Solar and LED Lighting in Partnership with VLEINDIA
46. Awards ( VLE Founder ) Finalist IET Innovation Awards, London, UK (24Nov2010) Engineering Institute of Canada, K.Y. Lo Medal (1Mar2008) Honorary Doctorate, Aberdeen University, Scotland (4July 2006) Centennial Medal Award, Alberta Government (23Dec2005) TIME Canada Heroes (20June2005)Meritorious Service Medal (MSM), Canadian Government (30May2005) YMCA Calgary Peace Medal Award (26Nov2004) Alberta Science & Technology Award(15Oct2004) Reader’s Digest Canadian Hero of the Year Award (14June2004) Alberta Emerald Award (9June2004) Saatchi and Saatchi Award Laureate 2003 Tech Museum Award Laureate 2002 Rolex Award Laureate 2002University of Calgary President’s Internationalization Achievement Award 2002 IEEE Third Millennium Medal for Outstanding Contributions 2000 APEGGA Summit Award for Contributions to Society 2000
47. Manufacturing Partners:Amararaja Group ( India ), TIM Industries (HONG KONG)LED Suppliers :Nichia (JAPAN), Cree (USA), Edison (TAIWAN)
48. How Solar Works ?
49. HowLED LampWorks ? USP ? High Efficiency Drivers Best Quality LED’s Advanced Solar Charge controllers Appropriate Heat sink & Optics
50. BLAZE - VLE• BLAZE - VLE Technically Collaborated in 2008.• BLAZE - VLE is instrumental in evolution of commercial product line of VLE.• Inclusion of Advanced Technologies into Solar Lighting : Sensors , Wireless controls, Security, Surveillance for Safety and Energy Saving.• Blaze : Security, Automation, CCTV Surveillance (RBI, Eamcet and Engg), Green Homes, Audio and Video Distribution, Apple Applications, RFID, GPS Tracking and vehicle immobilizers etc..
51. Capabilities of BLAZE - VLE with few Projects Lighting Automation System – Real Time Energy Consumption monitoring Awarded India’s First Platinum Green Home in Sep 2010 by IGBC
52. CapabilitiesAdaptive Occupancy based Lighting solutions – With Largest range of sensors Provide light when and where it is required – an egress path for late night workers eliminates unnecessary energy usage after hours.
53. Capabilities LED Lighting at Novotel, Hyderabad – Excess Club and Longue : 2010
54. Product Line of BLAZE - VLE Present• Solar Home Lighting Systems ( FLS1 and FLS(MNRE) – Patented Product )• Solar LED Lantern ( innovative design – Patent pending Technology )• Solar Street Lighting System with LED Luminaries• Residential and Commercial LED Lighting products with Solar as Source of Power• Solar Water Pumping Systems
55. Solar Home Lighting Systems
56. Solar LED Street Lighting System Range Available from 20 Watt to 150 Watt Can be customized to Existing Poles A Combination of Solar and Wind is latest trend
57. Commercial LED Lighting SystemRetrofit LED Ceiling Mount spot Lamps LED Down Lighter for CFLLamps ( 3 – 10 W) replacement T5 Tube replacement with LED Available in : 30, 60, 120, 150 cms with various LED power o/p options
60. VLE’s MNRE WLED Home Lighting System 3watt Lamp – CREE Q5, 250 Lm net o/p CCU with Equalizer and low operation current in times of idle
61. VLE’s WLED Home Lighting System
62. LED Lighting Controllers and Turnkey solution (Excess, Novotel)
63. Other Embedded Systems designed so far …• Embedded Systems and other Product Design Experience > Solar based LED Lighting (Charge Controllers, LED drivers for various Luminaries, LED Flash Lights / Torch) > Vehicle Immobilizers > GPS vehicle and Assert Tracking systems > Metering (Energy, Water, fuel consumption) interfaces to Cloud > LED display boards > Advanced Street Lighting Management system > Zigbee based Energy meters, Wireless Sensor Networks for monitoring and Control > Asset Monitoring and control through Cloud > Micro Hydro Power Plant Automation (MSME funded project)
64. Cell Phone Tower Monitoring System in Cloud Aims of this System: a. Power Supply monitoring (UPS (Battery), Generator Fuel consumption and Mains failure) b. Alarm Monitoring and Reporting c. Power Usage in Shared sources d. Data Logging for vital Parameters and Alarms e. CCTV Surveillance and Imaging of abnormalities f. Access control for Authorized persons
65. Cell Phone Tower Monitoring System – Google Map’s Alarm: Begumpet Airtel Tower Mains Failure @ 12:30 on feb 24 Battery 10 voltage : 11.5 Volts Generator Fuel mismatch