The reason for the discrepancies highlighted above lies in the intangible brand value and the intellectual capital within the company.
It’s about what sets you apart from your peers and makes you stand out and be memorable. Hard work and accomplishments are necessary and a given. What really counts is the name and reputation you make for yourself. The single most important thing you can do yourself is to build your personal reputation. pronounced &quot;ror-shock&quot;
Before you can clearly describe your brand you need to look at the bigger picture: your purpose and vision, Purpose is internal, the role you might play in making a difference in this world. Your vision is external, its what you want to achieve or create through your role
You need to know what you want to be remembered for. What is important to you? What are your non-negotiables? Did you choose your name? Are you the only “name” in the world? You can choose what your name represents. If you don’t, then others will choose for you. Once you graduate from school, what would be said about you? If you left your job today, what would they say about you? What would your legacy be? What legacy do you want to leave? “ He will be missed” or “ Hard to replace- incredibly innovative, and creative, took bold risks, sensitive person, fantastic manager, great leader.”
Know yourself to grow yourself
Your proposition is what you have to offer Unearth your unique promise of value, your BRAND ESSENCE
Stand up FAST, remain seated if SLOW Raise your right hand if TASK, keep hand down if PEOPLE…determine style: STAND- HAND UP = SENSOR STAND – HAND DOWN = INTUITOR SIT- HAND UP = THINKER SIT- HAND DOWN = FEELER The Gallup Organization has initiated an entire movement related to strengths-based management, which you can learn more about by reading Now, Discover Your Strengths by Marcus Buckingham and Donald O. Clifton. The strengths movement is founded on the belief that people progress more rapidly in their careers when they use their greatest talents. But unfortunately, most of us are taught from a young age to focus on addressing our weaknesses rather than using our strengths. The BRAND U mindset requires that you only be concerned with those weaknesses that will get in the way of your success. Otherwise you should expend your efforts on enhancing your strengths and making them more visible to those around you.
the way you physically and verbally communicate really does matter; people will make instant decisions about you that can be very hard to change, so make sure the right perception is created at the outset and that you are in control of that perception.
2. “… all of us need to understand the importance of branding. We are CEOs of our own companies: Me Inc . To be in business today, our most important job is to be head marketer for the brand called You.”
3. impress prospects?
4. land your dream client or account?
5. But …
6. your diploma / training / credentials is not enough
7. too many people share your qualifications
8. and prospects are overloaded With vendors who sell exactly or close to what you sell?
9. To just survive , you must stand out from the crowd.
10. but you can relax…
11. Today you’ll learn how to stand out
12. rise above your peers
13. and develop your professional self
14. Personal Branding <ul><li>Why Brand? </li></ul><ul><li>What is a Brand? </li></ul><ul><li>Your Personal Brand </li></ul><ul><li>The 5 “B”s and 5 “P”s of Brand Building </li></ul>
15. WRITE COCA-COLA ON THE CAN AND YOU CAN CHARGE $1.25 Why ? Water + Sugar + Fizz (put it into a can) = Costs less than $.10
16. Take cheap fabric (the cheapest) make pants using a 100 year old design = production cost $9 Why ? PUT THE NAME LEVI’S ON THESE ORDINARY PANTS : AND CHARGE $90 (no problem)
17. Take a human being and break him or her down to the smallest components – atoms . Take that stuff to the commodity market and try sell it – you might get $2 Why ? INSTEAD REASSEMBLE THE PERSON – CALL HIM TIGER WOODS AND ASK FOR AN ANNUAL SALARY OF MORE THAN $80,000,000
18. What is a brand?
24. What is a BRAND ? “ A brand is more than a name or a logo – it is a promise and a contract with every customer with whom you are dealing.” - Richard Branson
25. … an individual as a brand
26. Personal Brand <ul><li>A consensus about who you are </li></ul><ul><li>Your reputation, public image, legend, character </li></ul><ul><li>The collective opinion about you </li></ul><ul><li>It’s like a Rorschach test. Somebody flashes you name. What leaps to mind? </li></ul><ul><li>David D’Alessandro </li></ul>
27. WE (you and me) ARE ALL BRANDS
28. What does YOUR BRAND project?
29. Perception is Reality! <ul><li>You are already being branded one way or another </li></ul><ul><li>You can’t build a good personal brand if you can’t see yourself as others see you . </li></ul>
30. Is this how others see you?
31. The 3 most important words to TAKE CONTROL of your Brand
35. &quot;If you are going to be a brand, you've got to become relentlessly focused on what you do that adds value, that you're proud of, and most importantly, that you can shamelessly take credit for.&quot; - Tom Peters
36. The 5 B ’s
40. Great tools ... for marketing AT people
43. What can you do to build YOUR BRAND?
44. The 5 P ’s
45. P urpose Building Your BRAND ?
46. Purpose: Your name means? <ul><li>When someone hears your name, what do you want them to think: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Go-to person? </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Really good at ________? </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>A “pain in the butt”? </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Mr./Ms./ negative? </li></ul></ul>
47. <ul><li>&quot;Personal branding lets you control how other people perceive you... You're telling them what you stand for…” </li></ul><ul><li>(Peter Montoya, Personal Branding Press, 2002) </li></ul>
48. “ If you stand for nothing , you will fall for anything .” Ronnie Apteker – Founder Internet Solutions
49. P roposition P urpose Building Your BRAND ?
50. Proposition = Brand Essence Match the woman to the Brand Essence <ul><li>I’ll show you how to creatively organize your life. </li></ul><ul><li>I’ll be your genuine, compassionate, spiritual guide. </li></ul><ul><li>I’ll help you see your outrageous and sensual side. </li></ul>
51. Your Proposition is Your Core Competency. You’ve Got to Know Yourself to Grow Yourself
52. P roposition P urpose Building Your BRAND ? P ackaging
53. How’s Your Package?
54. How is Your Brand Perceived? What’s my brand?
55. How we are perceived: Visual 55% Voice 38% Verbal 7%
56. P urpose P eople Building Your BRAND ? P roposition P ackaging
57. Your network is your net worth.
58. P urpose P ackaging P eople P erseverance Building Your BRAND ? P roposition
59. “ There is a very, very, very fine line between success and failure …. it is about being constantly hammered and coming back from the hard times and low moments.” - Robbie Brozin – Nandos
60. “ 3Cs” of Perseverance: (1) Clarity (about who you are and who you are not) (2) Consistency (in your message about who you are) (3) Constancy (continual visibility to your target audience).
61. P urpose P ackaging P eople P erseverance Building Your BRAND ? P roposition
62. where you go from here is up to you…
63. right now, you are a blank slate
64. You are the storyteller of your own life, and you can create your own legend or not. Isabel Allende
65. You are a brand. You are in charge of your brand. There is no single path to success. And there is no one right way to create the brand called You. Except this …start TODAY
66. Thanks… Gerry Robert 1-(800) 473-7134 1-647-966-8659 [email_address]