You are here because you heard about social media, you might have a Facebook page, or maybe your kids have one. More importantly, is it a tool you can use to promote your business? Find Business?
So many large companies, news publications and other have really embraced social media. SM is on the tip of everyone&#x2019;s tongue, especially after large purchases of sites like MySpace.
Wikipedia Definition: Social Media is a vast term that defines the many activities that integrate technology, social interaction and the collaboration of words, pictures and stories.
My Definition: An Online Cocktail Party or Networking Reception.
Types of Social Media we will cover: 1. Networking 2. Blogging & MicroBlogging 3. Story Submission 4. Collaborative Research 5. Video Sharing 6. Bookmarking 7. Photo Sharing 8. Music Sharing 9. Document Sharing 10. Content Creating 11. Wikis 12. RSS 13. Podcasts 14. Events
Social Media is important because as a individual or a business you can use it to stand out and expand your network.
Before the internet, you were limited to the geographic area around you, only a limited number of companies could go nationwide or global without adding more locations and overhead.
The internet allows companies (especially Small Bizs) to expand their customers base, state, national or even globally.
online communities of people who share interests and/or activities, or who are interested in exploring the interests and activities of others. Most social network services are web based and provide a variety of ways for users to interact, such as e-mail and instant messaging services.Social networking has encouraged new ways to communicate and share information. Social networking websites are being used regularly by millions of people.
Find new referrals, find alliances, build your company/brand/reputation
Introductions, recommendations, answer questions
Facebook&#x2019;s 35-54 year old demographic segment not only continued to grow the fastest, but it accelerated to a 276.4% growth rate over the past 6 months. That demo is DOUBLING roughly every two months.
Transcript of "Cyber Networking"
What We Will Today Cover
• Cost Effective Tools to Market Yourself/
• How to Connect with More People
• Grow your Network to 1,000+ People
• Become an Expert in your Field
• Show you Where to Get Started
Why Do You Care
What is Social Networking?
Why is Social Networking
• All 500 of the Fortune 500 are represented in LinkedIn. In fact, 499 of them
are represented by director-level and above employees. 1
• 95% of LinkedIn users are college educated. 2
• LinkedIn has a more younger and afﬂuent audience than sites such as
Businessweek.com, WSJ.com and Forbes.com. 3
• 50% are Business Decision Makers in their Companies. 4
• LinkedIn has the largest number of small business users when compared to
other leading business websites. 5
Credit: (1) (Kawasaki, Guy. http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2007/01/ten_ways_to_use.html)
(2), (3), (4), (5) Erickschonfeld http://www.slideshare.net/erickschonfeld/linkedin-demographic-data-jun08-presentation
Find Great Candidates
• More than 950,000 developers and entrepreneurs from
more than 180 countries are on Facebook
• Facebook’s 35-54 year old demographic segment not only
continued to grow the fastest, but it accelerated to a
276.4% growth rate over the past 6 months 1
• 4th Largest Country, behind USA - and gaining
• The 55+ group has seen a 194.3% growth rate
• No longer a trend, but a way of life
Credits: (1), (2) Peter Corbett http://www.istrategylabs.com/2009-facebook-demographics-and-statistics-report-276-growth-in-35-54-year-old-users/
5 Steps To Promoting
Business on Facebook
• Proﬁle – Individual proﬁle, what most people have
• Page – Company or organization on Facebook
• Fan – You follow a page
• Friend Request – Add people to your Proﬁle
• Status – Update of what you are doing
1 – Create YOUR Proﬁle
Build Your Brand – That is why People buy
2 – Build A Page
Yes, it is different than a proﬁle