Web 2.0 is all about social networks. It’s all about user interaction, simplicity and usability. Content is submitted, reviewed and downloaded by users only. For many, this can be considered the definition of freedom, but where few laws apply, many bad things can happen.<number>
Twitter Spam – Still in a incipient form<number>
Henry stern – no education – couldn’t get a job<number>
Web2.0 Spammer @ World:
Follow me on Twitter!!!
Alexandru Cătălin Coşoi
Senior Researcher / AntiSpam Laboratory
Phishing in Romania (2007-2009)
• 2007 – 7 attacks
• 2008 – 26 attacks (50% targeting the same institution)
• 2009 – 187 attacks already (98% targeting the same
• 2009 – 1’st ½ … anyone want to make a prediction?
Don’t be fooled by randomness!
Now… why would anyone start
– With the current market turmoil, what's the
easiest way to make a small fortune?
– Start off with a large one!
• Quote of the day (from a trader): quot;This is worse than a
divorce. I've lost half my net worth and I still have a wife
• This market stinks so bad…that even Chuck Norris can’t
make any money.
Really… it must be more than this!!!
1. Open the yellow pages and pick someone
2. Search his name using a social media search-engine
3. If any SN profile found
1. Download images, posts, comments, friend
2. Create a phishing attack customized for this exact person.
3. Continue with his friends
4. Complicated? Too much work? Dial 1-800 BOTNET for an army
of computers to do this for you
PS: (success comes when the victim has profiles on more than
one social network)