1. Core convictions• GOD is at work to fulfill the Great Commission• God is using young people to help fulfill the Great Commission• The need for more Great Commission laborers is great
2. Core convictions• GOD is at work to fulfill the Great Commission
3. Psalm 145:3-13 3 Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. 4 One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts. 5 They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works. 6 They will tell of the power of your awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deeds. 7 They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness. 8 The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. 9 The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.
4. Psalm 145:3-13 10 All you have made will praise you, O LORD; your saints will extol you. 11 They will tell of the glory of your kingdom and speak of your might, 12 so that all men may know of your mighty acts and the glorious splendor of your kingdom. 13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The LORD is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made.
5. John 5:17 Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at work to this very day, and I, too, am working.”
6. Core convictions• GOD is at work to fulfill the Great Commission• God is using young people young people to help fulfill the Great Commission
7. The apostles – average age? = 25?
8. Student movements have changed history! 1700s – Oxford “Holy Club” John Wesley Charles Wesley George Whitefield
9. 1806 Haystack Prayer meeting1806 - Haystack Prayer Movement Williams College
10. 1885 – The Cambridge 7“Some people want to live within the sound of church bells, but I want to run a mission within a yard of the gates of hell”
11. 1886 - Student Volunteer Movement “The evangelization of the world in this generation.”
12. Bill BrightCampus Crusade 1951 for Christ “Win the s To day, Campu orld Win the W orr ow” Tom
14. 1 Timothy 4:12 “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.”
15. Lamentations 3:22-28 22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 24 I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” 25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; 26 it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD. 27 It is good for a man to bear the yoke while he isyoung. 28 Let him sit alone in silence, for the LORD has laid it on him.
16. Jeremiah 1:4-84 The word of the LORD came to me, saying, 5“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” 6 “Alas, Sovereign LORD,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am too young.” 7 But the LORD said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the LORD.
17. The Vision“Student-Led Movements everywhere…so that everyone may know someone who truly follows Jesus”
18. ZERODestination people who don’t know someone who truly follows Jesus
19. What is a movement?“God working through a team of like-hearted disciples to win, build and sendtoward the fulfillment of the GreatCommission”
20. Dr. Charles Malik, President of the U.N. General Assembly“There is never anything more important inthe world than the work of the Church ofJesus Christ, and the most important workof any kind in the world today – greaterthan all of the problems facing men andnations – is the recapture of the greatuniversities of the world for Jesus Christ.”
21. Core convictions• GOD is at work to fulfill the Great Commission• God is using young people young people to help fulfill the Great Commission• The need for more Great Commission laborers is great
22. • 2 Billion = “Yes” to Jesus• 2.7 Billion = “No” to Jesus• 2 Billion = “Who” is Jesus?
23. How is it going among students?GOOD NEWS• Ministries in 83 cities• 4-5% of all students in EE/RU have contact with the gospel EVERY YEAR through our ministry alone!• 3,000+ students actively involved in our movements• 471 student leaders who are actively involved in sharing their faith and leading others THE CHALLENGE: • 313 CITIES with Universities • 1515 Universities • 10,000,000+ students
24. • The HARVEST is PLENTIFUL• The WORKERS are FEW
25. Christ’s “Flaming Arrows”
26. Isaiah 6:1-8• Saw the Lord – “high and lifted up”• Touched by God’s grace - “touched your lips”• Answered God’s call - “go and tell – “Whom shall I send?” – “Who will go for us?”