1. “IMPACT OF BRAND AWARENESS IN BEVERAGESINDUSTRY WITH SPECIAL EMPHASIS ON PEPSI AND COKE” Presented By: Bidhan Chandra
2. History of Coca-Cola• The coca-cola company is the largest manufacturer, distributor and marketer of nonalcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups in the world .Finished beverage products bearing our trademarks, sold in the United States since 1886,are sold in more than 200 countries and include the leading soft drink products in most of these countries.• Coca-Cola came to India in the year 1956. Since India had not any foreign exchange act, Coca-Cola made huge money operating under 100% foreign equity. Indian foreign exchange act was implemented in the year 1974 during Indra Gandhi time. The foreign exchange act stated that foreign companies selling consumer goods must invest 40% of its equity stake in India in its Indian associates. Coca-Cola agreed with investing 40% foreign equity but stated that they would still hold full power in technical and administrative units with no local participation allowed.
3. VISION OF COCA-COLA INDIA• Provide exceptional strategic leadership in the Coca-Cola India System-resulting in consumer and customer preference and loyalty, through Coca-Cola’s commitment to them, and in a highly profitable Coca-Cola Corporation branded beverages system.
6. Objectives of research.• To know the impact of brand awareness in beverage industry.• To find out the overall market share of Pepsi & Coca-Cola.• To find out the preferences of different customer groups.• To know about the brand significance.
7. DEMAND OF COLA FLAVOURFlavour Company Product Demand in %Cola Coca-Cola Thums-UP 35 - Coke 25 Pepsi Pepsi 40 Coke 25% Pepsi 40% Thums-Up 35%
8. Demand of Orange FlavourFlavour Company Product DemandOrange Cock cola Fanta 60 Pepsi Mirinda 40 MIRINDA 40% FANTA 60%
9. DEMAND OF CLOUDY LEMON FLAVOURFlavour Company Product DemandCloudy lemon Coca cola Limca 80 Pepsi Lemon mirinda 20 Lemon Mirinda 20% Limca 80%
10. DEMAND OF CLEAR LEMON FLAVOURFlavour Company Product DemandClear lemon Coca cola Sprite 45 Pepsi Mountain dew 35 7-up 20 7-UP 20% Mountain Dew 35% Sprite 45%
11. DEMAND OF FRUIT JUICEFlavour Company Product DemandFruit juice Coca cola Maaza 80 Pepsi Slice 20 Slice 20% Maaza 80%
12. DEMAND OF SODAFlavour Company Product DemandSoda Coca cola Kinley 45 Pepsi Evress 55 Kinkey 45% Evress 55%
13. OVER ALL MARKET DEMAND OF COCA-COLA AND PEPSI Pepsi 42% Coca-Cola 58%
14. DEMAND OF MALE CUSTOMER GROUP Pepsi 35% Coca-Cola 65%
15. DEMAND OF FEMALE CUSTOMER GROUP Pepsi 55% Coca-Cola 45%
16. DEMAND OF CHILDREN CUSTOMER GROUP Pepsi 30% Coca-Cola 70%
17. DEMAND OF VARIOUS PACKS OF COCA-COLA 2 Litre 10% 1 Litre 1.5 Litre 3% 5%500 ML 200 ML 12% 40% 250/300ML 30%
18. Conclusion• Market share of Coca-Cola is more than the market share of Pepsi.• Supply of various flavors is not adequate. Flavor likes Limca and Maaza have a high customer demand, but their supply is irregular.