A light? For sleeping? Isn’t thatcontradictory? You’ll find Light Sleeper to be the most natural thing in the world. Light Sleeper is a very clever device that projects a soothing light on the ceiling. The light moves in a circular motion above the bed. You follow the light with your eyes for a few minutes, and you begin to drift off.
We have been testing Light Sleeper inreal world situations for many months now. Ithas proven itself to be effective, both in gettingpeople to sleep in the first place, as well ashelping them get back to sleep when theywake up in the middle of the night. LightSleeper’s ease of use (just tap it to turn it on)makes it ideal for use at any time, at home orwhile travelling.
Why does this work? Following the light hasthe effect of relaxing the mind, a necessaryprerequisite to entering a deep, refreshingsleep, a product designer with insomnia.
1. Correct placement of theLight SleeperLight Sleeper should be placed at your bedside,where it can project onto your ceiling withoutobstruction. It should be positioned so you cansee the light on the ceiling easily, withoutstraining your neck or eyes. Your bedroomshould be as dark as possible (consider usinglined curtains) and, ideally, the temperatureshould be between 13 and 24 C (55 and 75 F).
2. Operating LightSleeperThe switch at the back of LightSleeper turns iton. A button on the base allows you to adjustthe brightness of the light. The green indicatorlights tell you the brightness level; five is themaximum brightness. Each time you push thebrightness button the brightness will increase The optimal level of brightnessuntil you’ve reached level five; at that point,pushing the button will people is when you can for most decrease brightness. just see the spot of light projected on the ceiling. It needn’t be any brighter than that.
3. Changing the ModeLight Sleeper has a two modes: constantand pulsing.Press and hold the brightness button fortwo seconds to toggle between both ofthese modes. When Light Sleeper is in 4. Battery Chargepulsing mode the green indicator lights Charging Light Sleeper’swill gently pulse. rechargeable batteries takes 10- 12 hours; this will provide for up to 10 complete 30 minute cycles or 8-10 days in standby mode. Of course, you may also use Light Sleeper, while it is plugged into the main’s power.
Light Sleeper is helping realpeople sleep. We’ve been researching Light Sleeperfor over two years now, and the resultshave been eye-opening (so to speak):78% of users report a significantimprovement in their ability to get tosleep, stay asleep and improve thequality of their sleep as well.
1. Female 45-54, TeacherHer problem: With Light Sleeper: Took at least 60 Got to sleep muchminutes to get to faster.sleep. If she awoke in theTried medication and middle of the night,relaxation tapes but was able to get back towith no success. sleep easily. As a result, got an extra hour’s sleep per
2. Male, 25-35, IT ConsultantHis problem: With Light Got less than Sleeper:3 hours sleep per Woke duringnight. the night and usedGot to sleep within the product to get30 minutes. However, back to sleep.woke up in the Increased his sleepmiddle of the night to 6-8 hours perand couldn’t get back night.to sleep again.
3. Male 45-54, Bank ManagerHis Problem: With Light Slept only 3-6 Sleeper:hours a night. Gets anWoke during the extra two hours’night and sleep per night.struggled to getback to sleep.
In his own words: “I was amazed by how quickly mysleeping pattern changed for the better.Within four days use I had slept solidly for 7hours, the first time in years and on the fifthday I slept through to the 6:25 alarm – I can’tremember the last time that this happened.”“The design and operation are bothunobtrusive and fitted into the bedroomenvironment well.”Light Sleeperis proudly designed & built inBritain