A light? For sleeping? Isn’t thatcontradictory? You’ll find LightSleeper to be the most natural thing in the world. LightSleeper is a very clever device that projects a soothing light on the ceiling. The light moves in a circular motion above the bed. You follow the light with your eyes for a few
We have been testingLightSleeper in real world situationsfor many months now. It has provenitself to be effective, both in gettingpeople to sleep in the first place, aswell as helping them get back tosleep when they wake up in themiddle of the night. LightSleeper’sease of use (just tap it to turn it on)makes it ideal for use at any time, athome or while travelling.
Why does this work? Following thelight has the effect of relaxing themind, a necessary prerequisite toentering a deep, refreshing sleep, aproduct designer with insomnia.
1. Correct placement of theLightSleeperLightSleeper should be placed atyour bedside, where it can projectonto your ceiling withoutobstruction. It should be positionedso you can see the light on theceiling easily, without straining yourneck or eyes. Your bedroom should
2. Operating LightSleeperThe switch at the back ofLightSleeper turns it on. A button onthe base allows you to adjust thebrightness of the light. The greenindicator lights tell you thebrightness level; five is themaximum brightness. Each time you The optimal level ofpush the brightness button the brightness for most peoplebrightness is when you can just see the will increase until you’vereached level five; at that spot of light projected onpoint, pushingceiling. It needn’t be any the the button will
3. Changing the ModeLightSleeper has a two modes:constant and pulsing.Press and hold the brightnessbutton for two seconds to togglebetween both of these modes. 4. BatterypulsingWhen LightSleeper is in Chargemode the green indicator lights will Charging LightSleeper’sgently pulse. rechargeable batteries takes 10-12 hours; this will provide for up to 10 complete 30 minute cycles or 8-10 days in standby mode. Of course, you
LightSleeper is helping realpeople sleep. We’ve been researchingLightSleeper for over two yearsnow, and the results have beeneye-opening (so to speak): 78% ofusers report a significantimprovement in their ability to getto sleep, stay asleep and improve
1. Female 45-54, TeacherHer problem: With LightSleeper: Took at least 60 minutes to Got to sleep much faster.get to sleep. If she awoke in the middle of theTried medication and relaxation night, was able to get back to sleeptapes but with no success. easily. As a result, got an extra hour’s sleep per night.
2. Male, 25-35, IT ConsultantHis problem: With LightSleeper: Got lessthan 3 hours sleep Wokeper night. during the nightGot to sleep within and used the30 minutes. product to getHowever, woke up back to sleep.in the middle of Increased histhe night and sleep to 6-8couldn’t get back hours per night.
3. Male 45-54, Bank ManagerHis Problem: With LightSleeper: Slept only 3-6 Gets anhours a night. extra two hours’Woke during the sleep per night.night andstruggled to getback to sleep.
In his own words: “I was amazed by how quicklymy sleeping pattern changed for thebetter. Within four days use I had sleptsolidly for 7 hours, the first time in yearsand on the fifth day I slept through tothe 6:25 alarm – I can’t remember thelast time that this happened.”“The design and operation are bothunobtrusive and fitted into the bedroomenvironment well.”