1. Build Your Own Menorah An annual BT contest – To be judged next Friday! Here are the details:
2. Here are a few rules to follow in order to create a Kosher menorahto be considered for our contest:
3. Your menorah needs:• eight candles• plus one more, that is set a bit higher or lower than the rest.That means 9 candles altogether.
4. One more rule to remember:The eight candles of the menorah must bearranged in a straight line, not set in a semicircle.
5. Remember that the middle candle, the shamash, must be …separated from the others – to the side, higheror lower, of a different color or texture.The shamash is used to light all the other candles;make it easy to notice so that we can see its difference.
6. When we create a mitzvah article …we want to create the most beautiful one that is withinour means. We always create with originality and beauty.That does not mean our creation must cost lots of $. Creativity and originality come from within.
7. We will light the menorahs that you createduring our Chanukah candle-lighting ceremony to be celebrated each afternoon throughout the week of Chanukah. We must be able to use your menorahs must safely.
8. You may use any materials … as long as you are able to follow the rules weoutlined in these slides.• All menorahs must be turned in to the office on or before next Friday, December 7th.• Prizes will be awarded to the most thoughtful and creative menorahs.
9. Not certain about an idea? Check with Rabbi Oratz or Mrs. Hefter to besure your idea will be correct for the creation ofa Kosher menorah. They are the experts and give final approval!