1. Age? Age? 30 20 10 0 13-15 16-19 20-25 The reason for me asking the people who are this age is because they are my target audience for my magazine, so this will help me because the answers which I get will suit my target audience. Only 16-19 year olds have filled this in so it will be very specific to that age group.2. Gender? Gender? Male FemaleI asked this question to make sure I know which gender there is more of and therefore it will help me decided what to putin my magazine. As the majority of people asked were female this means that the results will suit this gender more.
3. How often do you buy a magazine? How often do you buy a magazine? 12 10 8 6 How often do you buy 4 a magazine? 2 0 Weekly Monthly Yearly NeverThe purpose of this question is so that I will get an idea of how often I should make my magazine, from these results Ihave chosen to make my magazine a monthly magazine, the reason for this is that it was the second most popularanswer from the question. 4. How often do you read a magazine? How often do you read a magazine? 10 8 6 How often do you read a 4 magazine? 2 0 Weekly Monthly Yearly Never The purpose of this question was to see how often my target audience read magazine therefore, how often my magazine should come out, from these results I will make my magazine monthly as that is the most popular answer.
5. What music magazine do you read at the moment? What music magazine do you read at the moment? 15 10 Series 1 5 0 Kerrang Nothing NME OK The purpose of this question is to see what music magazine is most popular and look at it for inspiration. As the answer with the most votes is nothing that means that my target audience want something different and that stands out which will make them want to buy it.6. How much are you willing to pay for a music magazine? How much are you willing to pay for a music magazine? £1-£1.50 £2-£2.50 £3-£.3.50 £4.00This question is to give me an idea of how much I should charge for my magazine, after seeing the results I will make mymagazine £2.50 as people of the target audience would be willing to pay that much.
7. What is your favourite type of music? What is your favourite type of music? Classical Rock Dance POP 0 2 4 6 8 10 12The purpose of this question was so that I could find out my target audience’s favourite genre as this will help me todecide on the genre I want to pick for my magazine. From these results I have found out that the favourite genre is POP soI will continue to use this as the genre for my magazine.
8. Who is your favourite band/artist? Whos is your favourite band/artist? We are the ocean Maroons The Wanted Mayday Parade Ed Sheeran MCR Skillrez The Strokes Kasabian Pink Floyd Lady Gaga 30STM YM@S Two door cinema club RhiannaThe purpose of this question is to give me ideas on what sort of artist suits my target audience like, this is so that I willthen be able to find a similar artist and use them in my magazine.
9. What artists would you like to be in a music magazine? What artists would you like to see in a magazine? 15 10 5 0 Boybands Girlbands Solo Artists Artisits on Bands TV showsThe purpose of this question was to get an idea of what the favourite colours of my target audience are so that I may beable to use a couple of them in my colour scheme for my magazine. The favourite colours were pink, blue and green.10. What is your favourite colour/ colours? What is your favourite colour/colours? Pink Blue Green Orange Yellow Red PiurpleThe purpose of this question is to find out what sorts of artists that my target audience would like to see in a magazine sothat I can try and include some of these. As solo artists and boybands were the most popular answers I will include these inmy magazine.
11. What would you want to be in a music magazine? What would you want to be in a music magazine? 16 14 12 10 8 6 4 2 0 Information Gossip on Interviews Reviews on Competions Posters on gigs and artists gigs toursThe purpose of this is so that I can get an idea of different stuff that I can put in my magazine and what the targetaudience like. From this I have learnt that the most popular categories are information on gigs and interviews so I willinclude these in my magazine.12. Where do you buy your magazines from? Where do you buy your magazines from? Supermarket Cornershop Music shop OnlineI asked this question so that I could get an idea of where young people buy there magazines from. From this I have learntthat the majority of people buy there magazines from local shops and supermarkets so I will consider these when planningwhere my music magazine will be sold.
13. What 3 words would you associate with POP? What 3 words would you associate with POP? Annoyinng Simalir Modern Music Colour Girlbands Boybands Loud Cheesy Upbeat Fun Catchy Mainstream Happy Interesting Varied Trendy Hip Overplayed The purpose of this question was to give me ideas as to what to call my magazine. When analysing the results I have found out that Mainstream, Trendy and Upbeat were some of the popular choices so I can consider this when making my decision.
14. What do you like/dislike about magazines that are currently available to you? What do you like/dislike about magazines that are available to you? 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0The purpose of this is find out what things people like and dislike in magazines and then use this to decide on what toinclude in my magazine and what not to include.15. What would you like to find out through interviews with bands/artists? What would you like to find out through interviews with bands/artists? Tour dates Gossip New music Influences Life informationThe purpose of this is so that I will know what to include in my double page spread for my magazine, from these results Ihave found out that tour dates and new music were the most popular.