The Cloud Metaphor
The Cloud is
actually a world
wide grid of data
What about the security and privacy of my data?
The Current Shift
• Shift to web-based services
• Businesses and large corporations are making a big push
to move to the cloud.
• Software is starting to make it’s move to the Cloud
• Office 365
• iWork and iCloud
THE GOOD NEWS
There's a good chance you've already used some form
of cloud computing, but you might not know it.
• A prerequisite skill for cloud computing.
• Storing files in folders is very important.
• File naming is also important.
• Sign up for a cloud service
• Create a folder in the cloud
• Upload some documents to your cloud
• Smartphone uploads
Tips and Tricks
• Be cautious when accessing the cloud on Public
• Keep your personal stuff in one place and your work stuff
• Don’t go all in right off the bat.
• You never have to go all in 100% with the cloud.
Frequently Asked Questions
• How secure is cloud computing?
• Can I un-share folders that I’ve shared?
• Will it work if I have a PC and a Mac?
• How do I get more storage?
Notable Cloud Applications
• Evernote – your notes in the cloud
• Dropbox, Box, SkyDrive – your files in the cloud
• Office 365 – Microsoft Office in the cloud
• Flickr – Your pictures in the cloud
• Google Drive – Documents, storage, and more
• Wunderlist – your To-Do list in the cloud