2. To undertake a short study (6 months) todevelop a feasibility study for a shared LibraryManagement System across Welsh HigherEducation Institutions and partners.
3. The project will provide a practical vision androad-map for a future shared library systemsinfrastructure which will support Welsh HEinstitutions in delivering world-class librarysystems and services to meet the needs andexpectations of their users.It is recognised and accepted that anacceptable outcome is not to recommendshared services as an option.
4. This project includes all Welsh Higher EducationInstitutions and has been mandated by theWelsh Higher Education Libraries Forum(WHELF) .Cardiff University is the lead institution .
5. Weve identified a number of possiblescenarios for a shared system:• no change• Externally hosted system (either with content shared or partitioned)• Institutionally hosted system (either with content shared or partitoned)
6. • Work-package 1: Project management/communication• Work-package 2: Survey of existing practice and governance models• Work-package 3: Engagement with Synthesis and Scoping Project and wider project landscape• Work-package 4: Options appraisal and risk analyses• Work-package 5: Integration use cases• Work-package 6: Business case• Work-package 7: Evaluation and dissemination
7. • There is a risk that we will be unable to recruit the project manager within an acceptable time period to deliver within the project time scale.