Text Messaging Outcome The Pro’s and Con’s of the text message
Let’s Play A Game!....
Decode these text message phrases...Round ONE!!! GO!
Round Two… Go!!!
Text Messaging Pro’s A positive light shed on the text message phenomenon
Text Messaging and Libraries
- Condensed versions of classic literature made into texts
- Information about the availability of requested library materials
- Over-due book reminders through text messages
- Ask a librarian a question through a text message
- Market library services and events through text messages
and Text Messaging
- Movie theatre locations and show times
- Product Price Comparisons
- Simple fact-based questions (source will be provided)
Two-way text messaging used with deaf students at the secondary level
- Increase in independence of deaf adolescents
- Text messaging reduces parents’ worry and anxiety about child’s safety and well-being
- Increase in literacy skills
- Increase in deaf students’ attendance of after school activities
- Increase in teamwork and socializing skills
Text Messaging Con’s The disadvantages that come with the advancement of text messaging
- University students caught using text messages as a means of cheating on exams
- Small cell phones make it easy to sneak one in during an exam and use it to retrieve answers from either friends or the internet (i.e. Google)
Text Messaging and teenage sleeping habits
- Teens are text messaging one another throughout the course of the night and not receiving an adequate amount of sleep..... making them tired during the day.
Text Messaging and its impact on driving performance
- Text messaging is a driving distraction
- Increase in accidents due to text messaging
- Road safety concerns for all drivers
And to conclude…
- Text messaging is a new, rapidly evolving form of communication
- Text messaging is crossing into the realm of mainstream culture; becoming a very common practice
- Questions or Comments????