#1 Facebook #2 Google+ #3 YouTube #4 Twitter according to ForbesGoogle+ users are loyal60% of users logged in daily80% engage weekly
Google+ is not Twitter, Google+ is not Facebook, Google+ is not Pinterest it’s actually all of themGoogle+ requires patience, time and practice. Today we are going to spend a lot of time working in the network
1. give it a name like "Bookmarks" or "To Read Later,”
Connected directly to Google+ page
Boost activity on social sites — Put some quality time into interacting on social media sites, especially Google+. Focus on your top three. For example, for me that would be my blog, Twitter, and Google+. For you that might mean Google+, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.Connect with influencers — Get in a habit of re-sharing content from your friends and thought leaders. “+1″ their posts and make intelligent comments. Write interesting posts on Google+ and quote these influencers by name. Build upon the content they’ve already created — add to or challenge their work in a re-share.Continue to create and publish great content — This is what you will ultimately be judged upon, and is the core driver of the qualitative history of a writer that’s behind Author Rank. Keep writing and publishing those thoughtful, useful blog posts and building your authoritative bank of content.
Extensions run behind the Chrome browser and enhance the experience.
You should be creating videos for your business.
Google+ relies almost entirely on organic growthComplete Your ProfileThis may seem like a no-brainer, but many brand pages do not have a complete “About” section on the profile. Fill out this section completely. Include a link to your business or organization’s website (this is important to receive Verified Page status – more on that later). Add a link to your blog as well. Most importantly: include keyword hyperlinks in the Introduction section.Cover Photo image makes an impression. The profile photo serves as an avatar when using Google+ as your brand – commenting on and +1-ing posts. Updates in users’ newsfeeds will be accompanied by your profile photo, so make sure it’s indicative of your brand.Multiple ManagersClick “Settings” right below where your fans are listed on the right-hand side, and then click the “Managers” tab.Add Users to Your CirclesA brand page can add any other brand page to a circle, regardless of whether that brand page has already done the same. However, a brand page cannot add a human user to a circle unless that user has added the brand page to a circle first. If you’re starting from scratch, begin by having your employees, clients and vendors add your brand page to their circles. Add a Google+ Badge to Your WebsiteA Google+ badge on your website will allow visitors to add your page directly into a circle right from your website.Post (Relevant) Content RegularlyThe best way to keep your audience engaged is to regularly post high-quality content that matters to them. We post daily about SEO and inbound marketing. Informative blog posts and videos typically see high engagement. Find out what your audience is interested in and give them what they want.
Ensure Rich Snippets Are Rendering CorrectlyIt’s not enough to just post your content. You’ll want to make sure it looks as good as possible in users’ newsfeeds. The three biggest components that you’ll want optimized are the featured image, page title and meta description:Utilize #Hashtags in Your PostsDid you know that Google+ supports hashtags in the exact same fashion that Twitter does? It’s true! You can include hashtags to signify certain topics in your posts. This is a great way to increase the visibility of your content to users who may be interested in the topics you post about.Create EventsOne of my favorite features of Google+ is Events. Similarly to how Facebook events work, you can invite users to attend a meetup, conference or webinar. Users can search the database of scheduled public events, which represents an opportunity to get your brand in front of new users who haven’t yet added your brand page to their circles.HangoutsConsider also holding Hangouts, which are live video chats with other Google+ users. You can even record Hangouts right to YouTube for an easy piece of content that can be repurposed. Ideas to get started are: Customer service Hangouts which should be hosted at regular times so customers can ask questions and receive direct answers, product demos, live courses for training and even business seminars. Submit a Page Verification RequestHaving a verified page gives your brand more authority and instant credibility.About 1,000 should still do the trick. Other criteria include:Your Google+ page must be authorized by your commercial entity, organization, brand, or product.Your Google+ page’s profile must contain a link to your organization’s website.Your organization’s website must connect to your Google+ page, by adding the Google+ badge or by adding a snippet of code.Read more at http://www.business2community.com/google-plus/best-practices-for-achieving-critical-mass-on-your-google-brand-page-0283000#RgBjw3YkhKCWhOlk.99
2. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowWho Is Rebecca?Local Google+ AmbassadorSocial Media Speaker, Trainer & ConsultantTeach social media courses for KishwaukeeCollege Continuing EducationWeb Design & DevelopmenteCommerce Project ManagerGoogle+ eBook (www.RebeccaWardlow)Proud mom of 5 kids
3. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowWhy You Should Care About Google+“Google+ is Google itself.We’re extending it acrossall that we do –search, ads, Chrome, Android, Maps, YouTube – so thateach of those servicescontributes to ourunderstanding of who YOUare.” ~ BradleyHorowitz, VP products forGoogle+Ranked #2343M active users70% of people start thesearch for your businesson GoogleGoogle+ Is Indexed byGoogleGoogle+ users are loyal
4. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowGoogle+ Is BusinessGoogle+ is Business. Areferral from Google+ isworth an average of$10.78, compared to aFacebook referral at$2.35 and a Twitterreferral at $1.62. Emailshares were the mostvaluable at $17.93.http://bit.ly/11bDYavSource: AddShoppers.com
5. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowToday’s AgendaPersonal profilesGoogle+ business pagesHow to optimize yourGoogle + profile for SEOOrganize contacts into“Circles”Use Google+ Stream toshare contentEngage followersIdentify key influencers“Hangouts” video chatIncrease traffic to yourWeb site with Google+Google+ CommunitiesAdvanced tips & tricks
6. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowPersonal ProfilesCreate personal profiles that reflect your brandidentityFill out every blank, let people know who youare.Potential business opportunityShow Google search results “Rebecca Wardlow”Click “About” on Profile Privacy settingsProfile is SEO sensitive
7. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowOptimize Your ProfileAdd in hyperlinks in the “Story”Don’t limit yourself! Leave things as public aspossible.Use circles to share updates with certain peopleView profile as “public” – personal email
8. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowCirclesOrganize contacts into “Circles”Find Interesting people and Organize them intoCirclesUse Circles in 2 waysShare posts with specific groupsRead posts from specific groupsCircles are flexibleYou can completely delete circles or redo them.The people in your circle do not see the name ofthe circle you put them in
9. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowCirclesNOTE: Circling is unilateral. You do not need toask for or receive permission to circle someone.Circles enable YOU to control who can read yourposts.Circles can be shared with others.
10. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowTip of the Day – Post to Read LaterUse an Empty Circle toBookmark PostsStep 1: Create EmptyCircleStep 2: Share Post to yournew circleStep 3: View post byselecting your new circleform G+ Stream
11. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowOther Ways to Find Peoplehttp://findpeopleonplus.comhttp://www.womenofgplus.com/http://www.recommendedusers.com/
12. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowGoogle+ Influencers to followMark Traphagen Martin ShervingtonRonnie Bincer
14. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowGoogle+ StreamMention people with + or @ in front of nameAlso send email to XXX – only can send 100emails at a time.Don’t be an offenderPost 4-6 times a dayAt least 1-2 times a dayShow Notifications
15. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowGoogle+ PostingSEO h1 tag – blog title (keyword specific)You want to lead posts with your targetkeywordsYou need to interact to build authority & trustPost drop-down (top right)View Post ActivityLink to postMute PostRemove from circlesReport Abuse
16. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowGoogle+ Authorship
17. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowWhy Establish Authorityon Google+?Immediate impact on SEO resultsGoogle Authorship lets Google know thecontent you write can be trusted to providevalue to customerYahoo scrapes public Google+ dataUse Google Author Stats in Webmaster ToolsNew sites can rank quickly with G+ and retainrankings
18. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowGoogle+ AuthorshipImplement theauthorship mark-uphttps://plus.google.com/authorshipBoost activity on socialmediaConnect with InfluencersContinue to create andpublish great content
19. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowPhotosJust like Pinterest, Photos are important inGoogle+Photos gain lots of +1Auto upload images via phone – only visible toyouEdit photos in Google+ ~ no need for photoshopShow how to edit photoAuto Awesomeness (show community)
20. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowEngage Followers In Real TimeWhat’s Hot (Like trending on Twitter)Comment, share, +1 – Join the conversationView hashtag – card flips overGreat place to socialize about keywords (hashtags)Let people know who you arePeople don’t connect with companies theyconnect with people
21. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowWebsite TrafficIncrease traffic to your Web site with Google+Google+ Websitebuttons, links, badges, snippetshttps://developers.google.com/+/plugins/share/Google+ Comments plug-in for Blogger andWordPress
22. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowGoogle+ CommunitiesLike groups in FacebookGreat place to find people with greatopportunitiesSmall circles of people (just like real life)Show Communities subscribedShow Recommended CommunitiesSearch for CommunitiesPeople are sharing articles of interest not sellingShare to community onlyWhen posting use H1 tag > use your keywords
23. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowFour Types of CommunitiesThe four types of Google+ community groupsyou can create are:Public group that anyone can join and post.Public group where only moderators canpost, but anyone can view or comment.Private group (members only) that can bediscovered by search.Private group (members only) hidden fromsearch.
24. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowAutomationYou are not penalized for automation on G+DoShare (Store - Chrome extension)You have to leave Chrome on for it to auto-postBuffer App (http://bufferapp.com)HootSuite can only share to G+ pagesFriendsPlus.Me – automatically repost ofpublicly published Google+ activity toTwitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
25. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowGoogle+ HangoutReplaced Google TalkRight-hand sideAdd person to chatSimilar to iMessageUp to 11 people in textchatInstantly add video chatScreen Share abilityShare YouTube videosGoogle Drive App inHangout5GB on free spaceShare document and allcan work on it togetherTeam collaborationCreate Excel documentinside Google Drive, thenshare inside G+ HangoutChanges saved instantlyRemote Assistance(Google Remote Desktop)– only works in Chrome
26. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowGoogle+ Hang-outs on AirHangouts on AirCreate your own showonlineVideo trainingCustomer ServiceLower-thirdNew WordPress plug-inHangoutPlugIn.comLive BroadcastStream your hangoutpublicly on Google+, yourYouTube channel, andyour website.Save instantly to YouTubeShare to the Worldhttp://youtu.be/3pmSWh2BQco
27. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowBusiness PagesYou should be communicating on Google+ asyou! (Check out Scott Monty & Ford)You then affiliate yourself with your page.Google+ Pages integrates with Google MapsBrick ‘N Motor or Location-based you need toselect Local when setting up a page.Customize & optimize pageBusiness reviews are important!
28. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowGoogle LocalHelps users discover and share placesIntegrated with Zagat’s 30-point scoring systemGet place recommendations based on yourcircles, your past reviews and your locationPublish reviews and photos of your favoriteplaceRead Zagat summaries of user reviews for aplace
29. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowTop 12 Ways To Grow1. Complete Your Profile2. Upload a Striking Cover Photo and ProfilePhoto3. Assign Multiple Managers4. Add Users to Your Circles5. Add a Google+ Badge to Your Website6. Post (Relevant) Content Regularly
30. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowTop 12 Ways To Grow7. Ensure Rich Snippets Are Rendering Correctly8. Utilize #Hashtags in Your Posts9. Create Events10. Host a Hangout11. Submit a Page Verification Request12. Set a Vanity URL (http://gplus.to/rwardlow7)
31. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowBe Active Without Wasting TimeGet it all done in 60 minutes or less.15 minutes – Look for information outside Google+ thatyour circles would enjoy.15 minutes – Engage in conversation on a post10 minutes – Read posts by others and comment10 minutes – Comment on your own posts5 minutes – Share a new post
32. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowVanity URLhttp://gplus.toCreate a vanity URL for personalprofile, business page and communitieshttps://plus.google.com/u/0/113188089223727390684/postsbecomeshttp://gplus.to/rwardlow7
33. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowSurveyPlease take this short surveyhttps://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FY-A7iQ7tAPneVjEUxawGkpD05BMZ4e62HWz2D3jcmk/viewform
34. #atMW +Rebecca WardlowQuestions & AnswersCONNECT WITH REBECCA onother social media platforms...• Websitewww.RebeccaWardlow.com• Google+ http://gplus.to/rwardlow7• Twitterhttp://www.twitter.com/rwardlow7• Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/GetSocialSolutions• Pinterest http://pinterest.com/SocialSolutionsrwardlow@rebeccawardlow.com