1. 4 Ways to Jumpstart YourSmall Business in 2013 Becky McCray www.smallbizsurvival.com Cory Miller www.entrepreneurshiplab.net
2. The 4 Ways:1. Draw up a Simplified Business Plan.2. Write a Simplified Marketing Plan.3. Improve your record keeping systems.4. Make an index card reminder.
3. Why do we plan?We plan to be better prepared to meet the future, or tocreate the future we want.
4. Simplified Business Plan1. Describe the business.
5. Simplified Business Plan2. Tell about your markets. Tell about the market and competition. List some existing clients, and a one sentence description of your ideal new clients.
6. Simplified Business Plan3. Set measurable goals for the year.
7. Simplified Business Plan4. List the actions thatwill take you towardsthose goals, daily andweekly.How long does it take tocreate what you sell?How much can you createper day?
8. Simplified Marketing Plan1. Name and describe each market you need to reach. What best describes your Marketing Plan? • Written approved plan, 32% • No formal plan, just notes, 34% • Plan for self only, 19% • It’s all in my head, 8%
9. Simplified Marketing Plan2. Tell what methods you will use to reach them.
10. Simplified Marketing Plan3. Establish the cost in time and in money.
11. Simplified Marketing Plan4. Mesh this with your daily habits.
12. Other alternatives to business plans1. Prepare.
13. Other alternatives to business plans2. Imagine.
14. Other alternatives to business plans3. Calendar.
15. Other alternatives to business plans4. Experiment.
16. Better Record Keeping Systems• WaveApps.com – free
17. Better Record Keeping Systems• Outright.com – free and paid plans
18. Better Record Keeping Systems• Shoeboxed.com – catch up your backlog
19. Make an Index Card Reminder• Include goals and daily actions
20. Make an Index Card Reminder• Use for regular reviews