1. Speaker Biographies John Tang, attorney and head of the Shanghai-based China Practice Group of Brennan, Manna & Diamond, Akron, Ohio firstname.lastname@example.org Born in Shanghai, China, John Tang was raised in Ann Arbor. He earned a B.S. in Biology and Philosophy from the University of Michigan. While gaining practical experience, John earned his J.D. from Case Western Reserve University School of Law. Upon graduation, John began work at Brennan, Manna & Diamond, LLC, an Akron, Ohio,-based law firm. For years the firm has provided legal services for companies doing business in China. John currently works as the managing partner for the firm’s office in Shanghai. Completely fluent in both Mandarin and English, he assists clients as they work to create a presence for their business in China. John’s law specialties include mergers & acquisitions, international law, business & corporate law and intellectual property. Jessica Xie, Vice President, Hylant Group Jessica.Xie@Hylant.com Jessica Xie earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of International Business and Economics in Bejing, China. She later relocated to the United States, where she earned her MBA in Insurance and Finance from the University of Louisiana at Monroe. Her areas of expertise include international business in China, casualty placements and professional liability. Jessica started her career at Shand Morhan Insurance Company where she worked as a Professional Liabilities Underwriter. In 2005, Jessica began working at Hylant Group in Toledo, Ohio, where she helped to expand their International Risk Management practice, eventually attaining the position of vice president.
2. Speaker Biographies William W. Sinn President of Sinn & Co., a Cleveland-based consultancy specializing in establishing operations and distribution networks in China email@example.com A Hong Kong native, William Sinn came to the United States in 1972 to pursue higher education. He earned a B. S. in mechanical engineering from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and later a M.S. in mechanical engineering from the University of Michigan. While working as an engineer at General Motors Corporation, William attended graduate school at Eastern Michigan University, and earned his MBA in Finance & Management. William’s resume includes working as the Director of Asia/Pacific Operations for Campbell Hausfeld Co., General Manager of Sullair Corporation’s China joint venture, and serving as Vice President of International Operations & Marketing for Actron Manufacturing Co. In 2004, William opened Sinn & Co., a Cleveland-based consultancy specializing in establishing operations and distribution networks in China. His extensive knowledge of both U.S. and Chinese business practices makes him the ideal consultant to assist, clients in successfully navigating the Chinese business culture, while taking advantage of all the resources China has to offer. William and his wife Judith live in China. They have one daughter, See-Mae (Michelle).
3. Speaker Biographies Wei Shen, Managing Director of BridgeConnect, LLC, Bloomfield Hills, Mich., and former General Motors Corporation marketing lead for Buick’s China introduction. firstname.lastname@example.org A native of Shanghai, Wei Shen is a marketing and business executive with extensive global work experience. Wei completed an undergraduate degree at Fudan University in Shanghai. She then went on to earn her MBA from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. Her work experience includes work as Regional Product and Marketing Manager for Cadillac of Europe and Russia, Marketing and Launch Manager for the SRX and Crossover Cadillac Division, GM, and, most recently, Vice President, Industry and Government Relations for Hummer, GM. Wei established BridgeConnect, LLC, to bring U.S. and China businesses together by creating a global network of quality service providers and business entities. This network helps to facilitate cross-border business transactions. Some of her specialties include brand management/marketing, strategic and market analysis, mergers and acquisitions, and new business development.
4. Presenting Sponsors Becker | CMCA Based in Ohio, Becker | CMCA (www.becker-cmca.com) is a marketing communications partnership that offers a range of strategic services to international clients ranging from multinational corporations and emerging companies to entrepreneurial enterprises and non-profit institutions. For over a decade, Becker | CMCA counsels clients in strategic, brand and media planning, advertising and sales promotion, public relations, interactive and digital initiatives. Toledo Free Press Toledo Free Press (www.toledofreepress.com) is Lucas Countys largest Sunday circulation newspaper. This independently owned paper seamlessly blends coverage of local news, sports and art with commentary on important issues within Northwest Ohio and on a national level. In 2010, the paper added a Wednesday edition, the Toledo Free Press STAR. The STAR focuses on local arts, sports and events and is available at more than 700 locations.
5. Presenting Sponsors Communica, Inc. Communica, Inc. (www.communica-usa.com) is a full- service marketing communications firm headquartered in Toledo, Ohio, with regional offices in Columbus, Ohio, Detroit, Michigan and Shanghai, China. We develop brand-driven marketing communications programs for a wide range of national and international consumer and business-to-business accounts, having been named one of America’s top 50 small agencies for eight consecutive years by BtoB Magazine, a Crain Communcations publication. We bring a breadth and depth of experience supported by a specialized continuum of staff. In addition, we have extensive experience partnering with other agencies as well as our clients’ internal marketing, design and creative teams to provide seamless integration and optimum efficiency and cost effectiveness. Communica’s work ethic, service commitment, creative excellence and marketing acumen have been repeatedly recognized at a regional and national level by authorities from Print, and Communication Arts magazines, the regional Addys, the New York Art Directors Club, the International Telly Awards and the Library of Congress. Hylant Group Since 1935, Hylant Group (www.hylant.com) has provided some of the most competitive and strategic insurance solutions to businesses and individuals. As one of the largest privately held insurance brokerage firms in the United States, Hylant is committed to delivering exceptional long-term results through customized insurance and risk-management programs.
6. Presenting Sponsors Sinn & Company In 2004, Sinn & Co. (www.sinn-co.com) was established in Cleveland as a consultancy specializing in establishing operations and distribution networks in China. Sinn’s extensive knowledge of both U.S. and Chinese business practices makes him the ideal consultant to clients wishing to successfully navigate the Chinese business culture, while taking advantage of all the resources China has to offer. BridgeConnect LLC BridgeConnect LLC (www.bridgeconnectllc.com) was established to function as a “one-stop turn-key platform” by forming strategic partnerships with seasoned, quality, service providers and business entities. Our network of law & accounting firms, marketing/advertising agencies, engineering firms, investment bankers and businesses helps facilitate cross-border business transactions and trade. We assist clients as they navigate complex international business dealings. BridgeConnect LLC is uniquely positioned to help aspiring U.S. companies explore and tap into the seemingly limitless market potential in China. Brennan, Manna & Diamond Brennan, Manna & Diamond (www.bmdllc.com) is a business law firm serving entrepreneurs and businesses in a wide variety of industries. True to the entrepreneurial spirit, we have a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities faced by businesses of every size. In addition to its headquarters in Akron, Ohio, the firm has offices in Shanghai, and in Jacksonville and Bonita Springs, Florida.