1. Stimulating Learning instead of Facilitating Teaching Bastian Küntzel
2. in my youth, education looked like this.
3. but where I learned the most, it looked like this
4. every educator I met wanted their students to learn
5. but so many where stuck in their way of how to organise this
6. why? why don’t we organise learning better?
7. and what can we do about it?
8. we need a good theory
9. a good theoryallows you to see things dierently
10. THE LEARNING CONTINUUM the learning continuumallowed me to look at education dierently.
11. purpose context content processfour dimensions, three extremes per dimension
12. purpose context formalitycontent process
13. purpose context nonformalitycontent process
14. purpose context informalitycontent process
15. so what?
16. an example of innovation in formal education: Khan Academy
17. purpose context Khan Academycontent process
18. an example of innovation in non-formal education: Human Library
19. purpose context Human Librarycontent process
20. reality - constantly shifting
21. purpose context a typical seminarcontent process
22. we learn best
23. purpose context balancecontent process
24. Picture ReferencesSlide 1: picture CC via flickr: Apple Power! Slide 12: pictures CC via flickr: diplomasby williamli by ser g:o / slide rule by Roger Smith /Slide 2: picture CC via flickr: Bounty that huge lecture theatre by teddy-rised /Hunting School - Language Course by 2488694307 by PragmagraphrStÃ©fan Slide 13: picture CC via flickr: 82|theSlide 3: CISV-International picture kettering by inverted world /archive facistpencils by you and me the royal weSlide 4: bp20 via curvedwhite.com /Slide 5: STOP! by I am marlon Slide 14: pictures CC via flickr: caughtSlide 6/7: question mark by wok short by thirtyfootscrew / untitled bySlide 9: The Walrus - all over the internet jaroslavd / where is he by Kalexandersonwithout proper references Slide 16: screenshot of www.ted.comSlide 10: picture CC via flickr: Military Slide 17: pictures CC via flickr: diplomasManeuvers by JD Hancock by ser g:o / slide rule by Roger Smith /Slide 11: pictures CC via flickr: good living room legos by kate at yr own risk /question by e-magic / Search! by Jeffrey 71 365 by barron /Beall / WHAT by hugojcardoso / Well Slide 21: pictures CC via flickr: the greatthanks, and you? by s2art leap forward by caribb / What Im reading