1. What is a wave?A wave can bedescribed as adisturbance thattravels through asubstance from oneplace to the other.
2. How does a microwave heat food?A microwave ovenemits radio wave aboutthe frequency of 2.5gigahertz. Waves atthis frequency areabsorbed by water, fatsand sugars and is thentransformed into heat.
3. Ovens and MicrowavesThe biggest differencebetween an oven and amicrowave is that ovenscook from the outside tothe inside. Butmicrowaves using radiowaves travels through thefood heating the water, fatand sugar moleculesevenly throughout thefood.
4. How the microwave oven came to beThe microwave oven was foundby accident. It started out as aninvention for military purposes inworld war 2. In that time it wasonly a tube that emitted radiowaves used to track germanairplane of the coast of brittain.The fact that the micro wavecould be used to heat food wasonly discovered 7 years later bypercy LeBaron spencer. Henoticed that the radio wave letchoclate bars melt in his pocket.The first microwave oven wasabout the size and weight of arefrigerator.
5. Benefits of using the microwave ovenIt saves timeEasy to heat foodEasy to cleanYou dont have tokeep an eye on itIt retains nutrientsand viatmins in thefood
6. Disadvantages of a microwave ovenIf you cook a broccolie youwould think it is goodagainst cancer but bymicrowaving it it loses theanti cancer nutrientsThe microwave cooksdense food unevenlyThe microwave doesn’talow a crust to form forexample if you are baking acake