Diets and Habitat
Grain mills, Households, Other food stores
• Damages food and non food stuffs.
• Products are contaminated by beetles, laevae,
• Most important insect of stored tobacco.
• Adult chews through package and eats tobaccos,
• Feed on plant materials,
grains and spice in
• Can be controlled without pesticides.
• Destroy contaminated food materials and
vacuum cleaning of contaminated surfaces.
• Cover stores with air tight containers.
• Store susceptible foods in a sealed container
or in a refrigerator.
• Apply insecticides registered for home use.