Disclaimer: This presentation is prepared bytrainees of baabtra as a part of mentoringprogram. This is not official document of baabtra –Mentoring PartnerBaabtra-Mentoring Partner is the mentoring division of baabte SystemTechnologies Pvt . Ltd
BLACKBERRY – A TIMELINE Vishnu.firstname.lastname@example.org @Vishnu_Kishor
RESEARCH IN MOTION• An outdated tycoon in mobile market• Finds itself in a hazard if not desperate situation• BlackBerry 10 – another chance for BlackBerry mobile.• The evolution of BlackBerry mobile can be generally summarized into five stages
• Released to the market in 1999• Device exclusively designed as an email pager, with which users can send and receive emails freely and easily• Well-known for its high-level security and fast response speed• OS 2.0 based BlackBerry mobiles like RIM 850 soon became a favored choice in the market• Was used by people with high social statues
• The real success of BlackBerry phone started from the famous terrorist attack in 2001• BlackBerry mobiles were used by senators and governmental leaders• BlackBerry mobile gained its fame in mobile market• In 2007, got 7 million users & market value of 42 billion dollars• RIM 5800, RIM 8700 and RIM 8100 came out, running mobile systems ranging from OS 3.6 to OS 5.0• Users could connect to Hosted BlackBerry Enterprise Server, colorful display, Bluetooth
• In 2007, the first iPhone released-a new era• Without obvious decline in mobile sale, the RIM underestimated this competition• The fall of Adobe Flash started from the popularization of Apple devices.• BlackBerry 8310 was equipped with Wi- Fi connection and Facebook integration• Still not enough to compete with iPhone• In 2007, BlackBerry mobile won the market but lost the future to iPhone mobile.
• BlackBerry not only witnesses the invasion of iPhone mobiles and Android mobiles• Sees a drastic drop in market share• A key factor to the fall of BlackBerry mobile lies in its own defects• BlackBerry is still sticking to its old and outdated system• Focuses more on the developing of QWERTY based smart phone• The mobile maker had to lay off two thousand employees to maintain its existence
• RIM decided to make the latest BlackBerry mobile a real hit in the market• The long-rumored BlackBerry 10 will be quite different from previous BlackBerry mobile systems• To make sure they can have an amazing operating system, RIM had purchased several software companies beforehand• The decision to push of the releasing date of BlackBerry 10 is to make sure the system can be as flawless as possible
• RIM has put all its bets on the success of BlackBerry 10• Once the system is favored, BlackBerry mobile may become the mainstream mobile again• If not, they will disappear in the mobile market forever• Will need to compete with powerful mobiles like iPhone 5 and Nokia Lumia 920 and not to mention numerous android phones.• This is the most important stage in the evolution of BlackBerry mobile
What’s the fate of BlackBerry mobile? The answer will be given in 2013
QUESTIONS ARE GUARANTEED IN LIFE BUT ANSWERS ARE NOT . . ANY QUESTIONS????