2. Disclaimer: This presentation is prepared by trainees of
baabtra as a part of mentoring program. This is not official
document of baabtra –Mentoring Partner
Baabtra-Mentoring Partner is the mentoring division of baabte System Technologies Pvt . Ltd
3. Java Virtual machine (JVM)
• A process virtual machine that can execute Java
• *.java files are compiled to obtain *.class files that
contain the bytecodes understandable by the JVM.
• JVM interprets the bytecodes during execution of Java
4. • Byte code is the entity that allows Java to be a
"portable language" (write once, run anywhere).
• Indeed there are specific implementations of the JVM
for different systems (Windows, Linux, MacOS).
• The aim is that with the same bytecodes they all give
the same results.
• JVM is platform dependent
• Java is platform independent
Implementation of JVM
6. Just In Time(JIT)
• JIT are advanced part of Java Virtual machine
• It optimize byte code to machine instruction conversion by
compiling similar byte codes at same time
• thus reducing overall execution time.
• JIT performs several optimizations such as in-lining
• JIT compiler improve perfomance
7. Different JVM layers
8. Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
• Provides the libraries, the Java Virtual Machine, and
other components to run applets and applications
written in the Java programming language.
• The JRE does not contain tools and utilities such as
compilers or debuggers for developing applets and
9. Java Development Kit (JDK)
• Most used by developers to develop java based
• The JDK is a superset of the JRE, and contains everything
that is in the JRE, plus tools such as the compilers and
debuggers necessary for developing applets and
Compiled or interpreted
11. Java is both compiled and interpreted
Java compiles using javac and JIT, and
interprets using Java virtual machine.
13. Programmer write source code and store that
into a .java file.
Note: Name of your Java source file must be same with
the public class declared inside that file, for example if
there is public class called Order inside Java file, then it
name must be Order.java
14. javac compiles .java fie and creates class files,
which contains byte code.
15. JVM executes these class files and gathers
statistics of execution run.
These statics are used to determine hot spot i.e.
part of your code which executes 90% of time.
16. When JVM has enough data to make decision,
JIT compiles frequently used byte codes into native
code, which is then directly executed by platform.
This is how JIT provides performance boost to Java
18. Want to learn more about programming or Looking to become a good programmer?
Are you wasting time on searching so many contents online?
Do you want to learn things quickly?
Tired of spending huge amount of money to become a Software professional?
Do an online course
We put industry standards to practice. Our structured, activity based courses are so designed
to make a quick, good software professional out of anybody who holds a passion for coding.
19. Follow us @ twitter.com/baabtra
Like us @ facebook.com/baabtra
Subscribe to us @ youtube.com/baabtra
Become a follower @ slideshare.net/BaabtraMentoringPartner
Connect to us @ in.linkedin.com/in/baabtra
Give a feedback @ massbaab.com/baabtra
Thanks in advance
www.baabtra.com | www.massbaab.com |www.baabte.com
20. Emarald Mall (Big Bazar Building)
Mavoor Road, Kozhikode,
Ph: + 91 – 495 40 25 550
NC Complex, Near Bus Stand
Ph: + 91 – 495 40 25 550
Hilite Business Park,
Start up Village