• Start up problems and process
• Normal Way
– Go through resumes
• (Collecting from Naukri.com or other sites)
• Visit job fairs
– Call the candidate for interview
– Test and 2 or 3 rounds of interview including
– HR interview and select
• Not enough budget
• One or two projects in Hand
• Not enough person to do interview and even
the founder doesn’t have enough knowledge
to judge a person.
Start up process
• What you should not do?
– Talk to friends if they are willing to work and they
don’t have a job we ask them to come
– No machine test normally even if there is a
machine test, if they score min we hire them as
we give only less salary.
– We are afraid to ask for commitment
Steps – What you must follow while
hiring in start ups?
List out your activities
See what kind of qualification is required
Listing our activities
• Write down everything
– Opening office
– Technical work
– Meeting with client etc.
– Better output but maximum 1 year.
– Always thinks about MCA or higher degree.
– Better choice. They don’t usually think for going to
– Going for MCA, Btech
– But their ambitions are relatively lower.
• Your College
• Job fairs
• Strict no from friends as employees initially
Selection (Test and Interview)
• Machine test is mandatory
• Ask questions on what you want him to do and
not what he might know. Don’t think that we can
teach him everything and he will be a good
resource. At least he must know 50 % of what
you are planning to do. Take one day out for
• Whoever attends interview must know why he
was not selected. Very difficult and someone
might even ask if you don’t want to hire that is
OK don’t come to teach me.
Final HR round
• Be clear how much you can pay him.
Increment in 3 months, 6 months and 12 year
A solution for your problems
• This solution is applicable only for IT company
– Ask for baabtra profile. If they don’t score at least
50 %, don’t take them.
– Tell baabtra what you are looking for. Forward the
resumes. Make us authorised recruiter.
– Currently authorized recruiter for
Emarald Mall (Big Bazar Building)
Mavoor Road, Kozhikode,
Ph: + 91 – 495 40 25 550
Start up Village
NC Complex, Near Bus Stand
Ph: + 91 – 495 2229 5 550
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.