2. Disclaimer: This presentation is prepared by trainees of
baabtra as a part of mentoring program. This is not official
document of baabtra –Mentoring Partner
Baabtra-Mentoring Partner is the mentoring division of baabte System Technologies Pvt . Ltd
3. DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
A Database is a collection of records.
Database management systems are designed
as the means of managing
all the records. DBMS is a software system
designed to allow the definition , update ,
retrieval and administration of databases.
5. Relational Database
• A relational database is a database that has a collection
of tables of data items.
• Data in a single table represents a relations.
• Tables consist of rows and columns.
• The columns constitute the attributes.
• The rows constitute tuples.
6. • Row-A data set representing a single item.
• Column-A labeled element of a tuple, e.g. "Address" or "Date of
birth”, of multiple data item.
7. • A primary key is used to uniquely identify each row.
• The foreign key a column or group of columns in one table
that points to the primary key of another table.
• A stored procedure is executable code that is associated with,
and generally stored in, the database.
8. Document Oriented Database
• A computer program designed for storing, retrieving and
managing document oriented information.
• Documents inside a document-oriented database are similar to
records or rows in relational databases.
• Do not store data in tables with uniform sized fields for each
9. • Any number of fields of any length can be added to a
10. Embedded Database
•The databases consist of data developed by individual end
•Examples of these are collection of documents, spreadsheets,
presentations and other files.
11. Graph Database
• A graph database is a database that uses graph structures with
nodes, edges, and properties to represent and store data.
• A graph database is any storage system that provides index-
• This means that every element contains a direct pointer to its
12. Hypertext Database
• Hypertext databases are particularly useful for organizing large
amount of disparate information.
• Hypertext is text displayed on a computer display or other
electronic devices with references to other text which the
reader can immediately access.
• Pages often written in HTML.
13. Operational database
• An operational database contains data about the
things that go on inside an organization or enterprise.
• Example: data on customer complaints, employee
14. Distributed Database
• It is a database in which portions of the database are stored on
multiple computers within a network.
• The DDBMS synchronizes all the data periodically.
• Updates and deletes performed on the data at one location will
be automatically reflected in the data stored elsewhere.
15. Flat File
• A flat file database is a database that stores data in a
plain text file.
• Flat files are ideal for small amount of data.
• Each line of the text file holds one record, with fields
separated by delimiters, such as commas or tabs.
16. Want to learn more about programming or Looking to become a good programmer?
Are you wasting time on searching so many contents online?
Do you want to learn things quickly?
Tired of spending huge amount of money to become a Software professional?
Do an online course
We put industry standards to practice. Our structured, activity based courses are so designed
to make a quick, good software professional out of anybody who holds a passion for coding.
17. Follow us @ twitter.com/baabtra
Like us @ facebook.com/baabtra
Subscribe to us @ youtube.com/baabtra
Become a follower @ slideshare.net/BaabtraMentoringPartner
Connect to us @ in.linkedin.com/in/baabtra
Give a feedback @ massbaab.com/baabtra
Thanks in advance
www.baabtra.com | www.massbaab.com |www.baabte.com
18. Emarald Mall (Big Bazar Building)
Mavoor Road, Kozhikode,
Ph: + 91 – 495 40 25 550
NC Complex, Near Bus Stand
Ph: + 91 – 495 40 25 550
Hilite Business Park,
Start up Village