Disclaimer: This presentation is prepared by trainees of
baabtra as a part of mentoring program. This is not official
document of baabtra –Mentoring Partner
Baabtra-Mentoring Partner is the mentoring division of baabte System Technologies Pvt .
Week Company Designation Applied Date Current Status
Controls in Asp.Net
• Control is a inbuilt function
• When we are using control that automatically
generate html code
• Controls used for designing
• property- A property is a thing that describes
the features of an object. A property is a piece
of data contained within a class that has an
exposed interface for reading/writing. Looking
at this definition
• Event- An action that an object does. When
something happens, we say an event has
• Ideally Label control is used to place a static,
non clickable (can't fire onclick event) piece of
• AccessKey, Attributes, BackColor, BorderColor,
BorderStyle, BorderWidth, CssClass, Enabled,
Font, EnableTheming, ForeColor, Height,
IsEnabled, SkinID, Style, TabIndex, ToolTip,
• The TextBox control is used to create a text
box where the user can input text.
• A text box's purpose is to allow the user to
input text information to be used by the
• AccessKey, Attributes, BackColor, BorderColor, BorderStyle, BorderWidth,
CssClass, Enabled, Font, EnableTheming, ForeColor, Height, IsEnabled,
SkinID, Style, TabIndex, ToolTip, Width,Id
• The Button control is used to display a push
button. The push button may be a submit
button or a command button. By default, this
control is a submit button.
• A submit button does not have a command
name and it posts the page back to the server
when it is clicked. It is possible to write an
event handler to control the actions
performed when the submit button is clicked.
• The LinkButton control is used to create a
• Gets or sets the URL of the page to post to
from the current page when
the LinkButton control is clicked.
• HyperLink will not PostBack page to the
server. It will post a simple request to the
server for the URL you set as href. The
LinkButton works exactly as a normal Button
but it looks like an HyperLink, so it will
PostBack your page to the server allowing you
to do your business operations. Another
(obvious) difference is that the HyperLink
doesn't have the OnClick event.
• The List Box control is used to create a single-
or multi-selection drop-down list.
• Each selectable item in a List Box control is
defined by a ListItem element
main property of list box
collection – add items in list box
• The CheckBoxList control is used to create a
multi-selection check box group.
• Each selectable item in a CheckBoxList control
is defined by a ListItem element
checked- two values true or false
• The DropDownList control is used to create a
• Each selectable item in a DropDownList
control is defined by a ListItem element.
• The RadioButton control is used to display a
• To select one option.
One of the important properties
Checked-two values true or false
• The RadioButtonList control is used to create a
group of radio buttons.
• Each selectable item in a RadioButtonList
control is defined by a ListItem element
The important properties
• The Image control is used to display an image.
the important properties
The Important Properties
DescriptionUrl-The location to a detailed
description for the image
ImageUrl-The URL of the image to display for the
ImageAlign-The URL of the image to display for the
• The ASP.NET ImageMap control allows you to
create an image that has individual regions that
users can click, which are called hot spots. Each
of these hot spots can be a separate hyperlink or
• The imported property is -image url-to get image
• hot spot-to add hot spot
• The BulletedList control creates a list in bullet
• Each item in a BulletedList control is defined
by a ListItem element
• Items-to specifies items
• Bullet style-Specifies the style of the bullet list
• It is to use for a hide control,its not display at
Only two property
• The Literal Control is similar to the Label Control
as they both are used to display static text on a
• Unlike Label control, there is no property like
BackColor, ForeColor, BorderColor, BorderStyle,
BorderWidth, Height etc. for Literal control. That
makes it more powerful, you can even put a pure
HTML contents into it.
• This is a light waight control.
• To add a calendar in a web page.
• This is to display month and date a calendar
• AdRotator control to display advertisements
in an ASP.NET Web site
• The AdRotator control allows developers to
place graphical advertisements on a Web
Form and provides programmatic functionality
that enables the development of custom logic
to track advertisement clicks.
• This property to help us to browse a file and
FileName:It is the path of the file;
If we wants to add a file using file uploader we
will get its path in file Upaload.fileName
• It is to use a deferent type of controls in
• It is a step by step formatting
Display cancel-To display cancel button
In This Control we are add how much step we
want to add
• The GridView and Details View controls are
commonly used in a Master/Detail page. A
Master/Detail page is a page that displays a
list of items from a database along with the
details of a selected item in the list
• The Repeater control is used to display a repeated list
of items that are bound to the control
• Following are the major differences between repeater
and gridview controls: 1- Repeater is a light weight
control and gridview is a heavy control. 2- Repeater
doesn’t provide any built-in support to format the data
whereas the gridview control has a very good support
to format, sort and align the data. 3- Repeater provides
more customization than gridview. 4- It is difficult to
display data with repeater than gridview.
• The DataList control is, like the Repeater
control, used to display a repeated list of
items that are bound to the control. However,
the DataList control adds a table around the
data items by default.
• light weight control, and acts as a container of
repeated data items. The templates in this
control are used to define the data that it will
• Details View help us to show data one record
at a time
• The following are asses to sql database
Emarald Mall (Big Bazar Building)
Mavoor Road, Kozhikode,
Ph: + 91 – 495 40 25 550
NC Complex, Near Bus Stand
Ph: + 91 – 495 40 25 550
Start up Village
If this presentation helped you, please visit our
page facebook.com/baabtra and like it.
Thanks in advance.
www.baabtra.com | www.massbaab.com |www.baabte.com