Disclaimer: This presentation is prepared by trainees of
baabtra as a part of mentoring program. This is not official
document of baabtra –Mentoring Partner
Baabtra-Mentoring Partner is the mentoring division of baabte System Technologies Pvt .
Week Company Designation Applied Date Current Status
ASP .Net Page Life Cycle
• General stages
When a web page is requested to the web server, it
goes through a series of sequence of steps before it is
returned back to the web browser.
1. Web Application creates an instance of the requested web
2. Processes the events of the web form.
3. Generates the HTML, and sends the HTML back to the
4. The web form gets destroyed and removed from the
• S = Start
• I = Initialization
• L = Load
• V = Validate
• E = Event Handlers
• R = Render
• A Post Back is any request for a page that is not the
– Check post back using isPostback()
• The view state store the page specific information when a page
posted back to the server.
Page life cycle Events
• Raised after the start stage is complete and before the
initialization stage begins
– set isPostBack property
– Possible to change or set Master page, themes
– Creates or recreates dynamic controls
• Raised after all controls have been initialized and any
skin settings have been applied.
• The Page_Init event fires only the first time the page
•View state functionality is turned on for server control
•PreLoad executes after InitComplete method.
• page has loaded values from view state.
• This event loads individual controls.
• We can create the connection initialization for any kind of
external source like database connection
• We can also set the control properties
• We can created our own Load method
• Use these events to handle specific control events,
• If this is an postback request , Corresponding events will
• Control events
• This event can be used when all the event processing has
been done in the page.
• Each control of the page has a PreRender event which is
• DataBind method for all control has also been called
• If we want to change any thing to any control this is the
last event where we can do because after the pageRender
• ViewState Monitoring is turned off as here all the
ViewState Data need to be saved.
• View State data saved in hidden filed called
• calls the Render method for each and every
•Text writer that writes the output to the as output
•Output steam set to the page's Response property.
• This is the last event of asp.net page life cycle
• This ensure the Request and Response has been set to
• This is called only after the content of the page fully
rendered and response sent to client
Order of execution
If this presentation helped you, please visit our
page facebook.com/baabtra and like it.
Thanks in advance.
www.baabtra.com | www.massbaab.com |www.baabte.com
Emarald Mall (Big Bazar Building)
Mavoor Road, Kozhikode,
Ph: + 91 – 495 40 25 550
NC Complex, Near Bus Stand
Ph: + 91 – 495 40 25 550
Start up Village
East Hill, Kozhikode
Ph: + 91 – 495 30 63 624
NIT Campus, Kozhikode,