Disclaimer: This presentation is prepared by trainees of
baabtra as a part of mentoring program. This is not official
document of baabtra –Mentoring Partner
Baabtra-Mentoring Partner is the mentoring division of baabte System Technologies Pvt .
# Company Designation Applied Date Current Status
ASP .NET folders and
Overview - ASP.NET Folders
• ASP.NET 2.0 uses a file-based approach.
• we can add files and folders using the Add
• Can add as many files and folders as we like.
• Dynamically compile them when required.
i.e, uses a predefined folder structure
containing the files, to compile them
Advantages of ASP.NET Application
• Maintain resources in an organized manner.
• All files and folders are accessible through the
• We can add as many files as required
• Files are compiled dynamically when required
• App_Code Folder stores classes, typed data
• All items stored in App_Code are automatically
accessible throughout the application.
• If we store any class files (like .cs or .vb) it
compiles them automatically.
• We can add an App_Code folder, by
Solution File → right click → Add ASP.NET
Folder → App_Code.
• ASP.NET allows you to add an App_Code folder
• Can add new items like classes, text and xml
files into the App_Code folder.
• Items entered in App_Code folder is accessible
throughout the application.
• If we store different classes like .cs or .vb in the
it will give following compilation error:
• We have to create separate folders for C# and
for VB or other classes.
• Contains compiled assemblies (.dll files) for controls,
components, or other code
• Can access those as a reference from anywhere of our
• ASP.NET recognizes the presence of DLLs inside the Bin
• Keeping .pdb files inside Bin folder helps us in
• Main limitation-scope is limited to the current
• They cannot access any code outside of current web
• Used as a data storage for the web application.
• Can store files such as .mdf, .mdb, and XML.
• Manages all of your application's data.
• Any file you place in it won't be downloadable.
• to give your web sites a consistent look.
• When we add an App_Theme folder, a
subfolder with name Theme1 will be
• An App_Theme folder can contain two
– one for CSS files.
– other for skin files.
• App_Browser folder contains browser
information files (.browser files).
• used to identify the browser and browser
• Contain references to any web services.
• Contains reference contract files (.wsdl files),
schemas (.xsd files), and discovery document
files (.disco and .discomap files) that let you
create a Web reference
• The main purpose of resource files
is localization of the web application.
• There are two type of resources:
– Local resources
– Global resources
• Contains resources (.resx and .resources files)
that are associated with a specific page, user
control, or master page in an application.
• can be read from any page or code that is
anywhere in the web site.
• We should use theApp_GlobalResource folder
when we need a single resource for multiple
• ASP.NET Web.config allows you to define or revise
the configuration settings.
• Web.config files are stored in XML format.
• Can have any number of Web.config files for an
• All the Web.config files inherit the
root Web.config file available at the following
• IIS is configured in such a way that it prevents
the Web.config file access from the browser.
• The changes in Web.config don’t require the
reboot of the web server.
• allows you to store multiple connection strings
that are used in the application.
• Used to create your own custom configuration
section that can be used with
If this presentation helped you, please visit our
page facebook.com/baabtra and like it.
Thanks in advance.
www.baabtra.com | www.massbaab.com |www.baabte.com
Emarald Mall (Big Bazar Building)
Mavoor Road, Kozhikode,
Ph: + 91 – 495 40 25 550
NC Complex, Near Bus Stand
Ph: + 91 – 495 40 25 550
Start up Village