Disclaimer: This presentation is prepared by trainees of
baabtra as a part of mentoring program. This is not official
document of baabtra –Mentoring Partner
Baabtra-Mentoring Partner is the mentoring division of baabte System Technologies Pvt .
• In 1-Tier Architecture the file you want to work
with must be accessible from a local or shared
• simplest of all the architectures, but also the least
• Since users have direct access to the files, they
could accidentally modify, delete the file by
accident or on purpose.
• simple and cheap, but usually unsecured and data
can easily be lost if you are not careful.
• Because of the two components, it is also called
• Client - runs the application.
• Server - handles the database back-end
• The client computer can only access the data by
starting the client.
• Data on the server is much more secure.
• Users are unable to change or delete data unless they
have specific user rights to do so.
• Allows multiple users to access the database at the
same time .
• Server is processing data, which allows the client to
work on the presentation and business logic only.
i.e, client and the server is sharing the workload.
• Involves one more layer called the business logic tier,
service tier or middle tier (layer).
• In the client-server solution the client was handling the
business logic and that makes the client “thick”.
o makes it difficult to use over slow network.
• In 3-tier only little communication is needed between the
client and the business layer making the client “thin” or
• Example of a thin client
• Internet browser - see and provide information fast
and almost with no delay.
• Three-tier solution is more scalable, as more users
access the system.
• middle layer protects the database tier, hence security
• major drawbacks of N-tier architecture :
• Increases the complexity.
• Increases cost of installation.
Differences among 1-Tier,2-Tier,3-Tier
1-Tier 2-Tier Multi-Tier
Benefits Very simple
No server needed
Issues Poor security
Multi user issues
Users Usually 1 (or a few) 2-100 50-2000 (+)
3-Tier Application in ASP.NET
• The Program is organised into three major
distinctive tiers or layers:
– Presentation Layer (User Interface)
– Business Layer (Business Access Layer)
– Data Layer (Data Access Layer)
User interface layer
ID NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PICTURE
If this presentation helped you, please visit our
page facebook.com/baabtra and like it.
Thanks in advance.
www.baabtra.com | www.massbaab.com |www.baabte.com
Emarald Mall (Big Bazar Building)
Mavoor Road, Kozhikode,
Ph: + 91 – 495 40 25 550
NC Complex, Near Bus Stand
Ph: + 91 – 495 40 25 550
Start up Village
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.