How many in the room do this website design and dev, search, ppc, social media strategy, email marketing, video Get group to raise hands about service offeringsLet them know that they are not full service but the work will come if they narrow their focus and execute on what they excel atGet the easel and sketch pad to keep track of who says they are experts at PPC, SEO, Design, Dev, etc… then really narrow down who is great at what Get them to look in the room to see how they can partner. i.e Design shop with and SEO shop, or Social media with a PPC shop, etc….
Situation I had recently with a subcontractor to a subcontractor…and we wonder why we have problems in our industry?
Sitewire’s strategy (whale hunting)Lucid as a power partnerWinning Brookfield and FAHWSolve problems and go out of your way to get things done that done relate to your business. Make it so that you are the one that people come to when they “need a guy”.
1. Bolo 2011“No Pain, no gain; hands-on sales skills and tips to make sure you produce opportunities and results” <br />Lucid Agency, LLC<br />Copyright 2011 Lucid Agency | Confidential & Proprietary Information<br />
2. Hello there <br />
3. Lucid Agency<br />Lucid Agency = interactive marketing agency<br />Based in Tempe Arizona, in our 6th year <br />Problem Solving, High Level Search Initiatives, Pay-per-click Management, Organic Optimization, Retargeting, Social Media Strategy, Website Development <br />
4. Today you will learn <br />Networking doesn’t suck – Network your way up! <br />What your real core competencies are and how they will lead to a “full service retainer” <br />Developing and identifying strong partnerships or “power partners” <br />
5. Here to develop business? <br /> Where are you business cards? <br /> Do you have any on you right now? <br /> If so, how many? <br /> How many new people have you met today? <br /> Take the time right now to shake hands with at least 5 new people<br /> Even if you aren't in sales, you are the face of your agency and your sales person will follow your lead and examples you set<br />
7. Sales = Success!<br />
8. #Winning isn’t just for Charlie!<br />Smaller, more sophisticated agencies are winning<br />http://www.clickz.com/clickz/column/2102243/digital-requires-remodeling-relic-agency-model<br />
10. Take away<br />Think about your expertise <br />Re-evaluate your true capabilities, talents and what you are “best at” or perceived to “be best at” <br />Don’t fool yourself, know your true limits as an agency. Don’t be afraid to know your limits, your clients will respect you for that. <br />Take the time to identify potential power partners here in the room with the exercise we just executed. <br />
11. Random tip of the day<br />You don’t need to exercise time management, you need to stop procrastinating! <br />Free advice courtesy of Ken <br />
12. Evaluate “Your” Abilities <br />No one knows your agency better than you<br />No one can sell better than you<br />Then why are you sitting behind your desk worrying about operations or accounts receivables? <br />No one can design better than you<br />No one can come up with better ideas than you<br />Then why are you sitting behind your desk…..? <br />
13. Things that can be outsourced <br />Accounting<br />Operations<br />Project management<br />HR<br />All of these things can be easily outsourced to either a part time employee or a vendor. Do what you are best at! <br />
14. Build Strategic Partnerships <br />
15. Have a client criteria <br />Lucid’s criteria <br />Do they get it <br />Can they afford us<br />Do they need what we offer <br />Are they willing to work with us<br />Are they sketchy <br />“If you don’t stand for something, you will stand for<br />nothing!” Same goes for the clients you take on, they are <br />a reflection of your agency. <br />
16. Is Your Agency Average? <br />
17. Notable quotes <br />“…don’t think that you are entitled to success, yet you are entitled to opportunity”<br /> - Mike Domek, sold TicketsNow.com for$265M<br />“Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most won’t, so you can live the rest of your life like most people can’t” -unknown <br />(same is applicable for the agency business, sacrificing a few years to be the best designer, developer, UX, etc…) <br />
18. Contact Info<br />Ken Bonham <br />Vice President of Business Development | Lucid Agency<br />(480) 219-7257x111<br />email@example.com<br />