View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Carbon dioxide in the atmosphere influences global temperatures. Global warming during Earth's current interglacial warm period has greatly altered our environment and the distribution and diversity of all life.
Global surface temperature increased 0.74 ± 0.18 ° C (1.33 ± 0.32 ° F ) between the start and the end of the 20th century
Broader effects are expected to include glacial retreat, arctic shrinkage, including long-term shrinkage of Greenland ice sheet, and worldwide sera level rise due to global warming.
Fossil fuels: Fossil fuels like coal, natural gas and petroleum products once used are not replaceable and will add global warming gasses in to the environment.
Loss of top soil: by repeatedly turning over soil to eliminate weeds, by allowing animals to overgraze ranges and pastures, and by practicing poor land management we permit the wind and rain to remove more and more
Pollution and depletion of ground water: Water seeps into aquifers at too slow a rate to replace the large amount of water being withdrawn for unnecessary use (watering lawns, washing cars, and running fountains)
In the early 1970s, Lake Erie was so polluted from large amounts of industrial chemicals that few fish could survive there
The Exxon Valdez ran aground on the Alaska coast in 1989, spilling 11 million gallons of oil and killing thousands of marine animals. Even today the evidence of damage to local wildlife continues to mount
UN estimates by the middle of the century there may be 150 million environmental refugees at any given time from climate change.
Human Impact on the Environment Katrina
Natural calamities MAP TAP 2001-2002 Human Impact on the Environment
The 5 components of solving any environmental problem
Note: Here we have assumed that the Lighting fixtures are ON all the time and there is a saving of only 30% [averaged considering all the areas in a typical corporate setup]of the energy for Lighting through Occupancy sensors.
This also includes savings through indirect savings.
Average ROI period for 20% savings: 24-30months
Note: Here we have assumed that the Lighting fixtures are ON all the time and there is a saving of only 20% [averaged considering all the areas in a typical corporate setup]of the energy for Lighting through Occupancy sensors.
This aslo includes savings through indirect savings
BASIC FLOW DIAGRAM OF ENERGY SUPPLIED FOR LIGHTING Human Impact on the Environment
30% is radiated As heat i.e. 300KWh 70% is used For lighting i.e. 700 KWh Office/work space power supplied for lighting (for every 1000KWh) Additional Power supplied to air conditions to compensate 300KWh of heat generated by CFL lamps is 350KWh for 85% efficiency of AC CFL bulb Air conditions Additional cool air to Compensate Heat generated by CFLs Note: Maximum efficiency of CFL bulb is 70% and remaining 30% is radiated as heat Maximum efficiency of AC is taken as 85% Power supply Indirect savings