25 mins, video 1 = 1 min, Video 2 = 2.44 min, Video 3 = 3.10 min = 7 mins/18 speaking
All three Community Video’s
Read out a few ideas
As a result of the employee Sustainable Conference we have produced a Sustainable Report incorporating employee ideas, and produced a Strategy & Policy, making some bold commitments as a company; Goal: Support and develop our employees in the workplace Target: 100% of our employees to receive an annual training and development review Target : 10% of our employees to consist of apprentices, trainees and re-trainees Target : Conduct an annual employee satisfaction survey and implement improvements Target : 100% of employees to receive Health, Safety and Welfare training Target : Establish an Employee Representative Committee to discuss and make recommendations on work related issues, such as Equality and Diversity Target : 100% of employees to receive Equality and Diversity training
Summary – We have always had a community investment programme! However as a result of involving our employees, creating a structure to support employees, and communicating our successes our Community Investment Programme has never had such a positive impact on our business and the communities in which we work!!!!
1. Our community investment journey & how ouremployees have been involved
2. An Introduction to Seddon CSR Page On SharePoint
3. Seddon a Brief History1897 – brothers George and John Seddonstart out with a hand cart as builders in Bolton1920s – John’s sons Ernest, Jonas and Frank comeon board1930s – expansion into Stoke-on-TrentMore than 110 years experience!
4. Family owned, Family ValuesRespectTreat People as you expect to be treated yourself.CommunicationYou must be open, honest and timely.IntegrityWhat we say we do.
5. Seddon Area Office
6. Seddon’s CSR Journey
7. Joining BITCThe Seddon Corporate Social Responsibility Programme focuseson four key areas. These focus areas were chosen as these areashave a big impact on our business. The four focus areas are:
8. Employee CSR Talks
9. CSR Manager
10. The SeddonSustainableProgramme focuseson four key goalsand these goals havebeen broken downinto key focus areasimportant to thebusiness.
11. Next - How would we engage with ouremployees......
12. Employee Sustainable Conference
13. All Seddon offices and employees have been askedto play a part in helping the business achieve its’sustainable goals. We have launched the PledgeAward to acknowledge every office that contributesto each of the four pledge areas. + + + + =
14. Employee CSR Report
15. Our Future Commitments
16. Target: Raise standards through the introduction of an in-houseSeddon Ethical Sourcing and Procurement Accreditation Standardacross the entire supply chainTarget: 100% of employees to receive Health, Safety and WelfaretrainingTarget: Divert 95% of our waste from landfillTarget: Provide every employee with the opportunity to perform 8hours of voluntary work within the community
17. Office Sustainable Champions
18. Communication has played an Important Role
19. Acknowledgement has played an important Role
20. Impact on the CommunityOver £200,000 invested in 170 Sustainable ProjectsOver 5,000 hours invested in Sustainable Projects75 Community Volunteer Projects took place£127,000 worth of investment through the Community Volunteer Projects£32,000 was donated to charitable causesEvery Seddon Office contributed towards our Sustainable Goals
21. Impact on the Business
22. Impact on the Business
23. Impact on the Business
24. Summary•We weren’t getting the most out of our Community Investment Programme........•BITC are the expert’s and supported in developing our programme further.......•Involving our employees was key in developing a strategy as they are the one’s who wouldhelp us achieve our aim’s.........•Communicating the impact and acknowledging the employees involved has been key!•The Seddon Sustainable Programme is now owned by our employees and growing fromstrength to strength.........•Our Community Investment Projects have had a positive impact on our business........
25. Engaging with employees has been key to our Community Investment success!