Reducing costs to the business.
Business travel and individual commuting
-Smart business meeting planning
-Productive travel time using
Improving well-being of your work force:
Encourages people to feel that they are doing
something good together as a team: Make it fun – have
Achieve business brilliance through increasing fitness
Achieve a good work life balance
Help with flexible working.
Increasing quality of life through stress reduction.
Minimise unproductive travel time and increase
relaxation and family time.
Reduce your carbon footprint by
cutting transport emissions
Reduce your dependence on fossil
fuels and car use
Minimise local air and noise
Reduce local congestion
Contribute to nationwide
Make better use of your premises
Reduced need for large areas of car parks,
space can be used for cycle sheds.
Expansion of current facilities
Flexible working reduces need for office space
Make a difference and attract investment
Environmental management is key to winning
contracts with large companies and public the
Improving reputation amongst the local
community by considerate behaviour can help
build relationships with the neighbours.
Develop your reputation as a leader in the
SAVE TIME and
UTILISE YOUR SPACE
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
How can impact be reduced?
Understanding your work force – send out a questionnaire enquiring about:
- Current modes of travel.
- Postcodes/locations of journey from.
- Alternative options.
- Lifestyles/constraints making car-use a more preferable method of transportation.
- Work patterns.
- Number of travels.
Define commuting and business travel in a average day.
• Networking and Research
- Find like minded companies - access a wider audience and have a more complete body of knowledge.
- Look at what other companies have done and steal with pride! Are there any problems, limitations in their plans? Can they be
remedied in your method?
- The internet - many papers and case studies can be accessed to help inform a plan.
- Set realistic and achievable ambitious targets.
- Collate reductions in costs, adapt for improvements.
-NBTN has a large number of case studies, guidance and support to help. www.nbtn.org.uk.
• Implement and support a plan
- Incentivise: Create competitions/ league tables, Travel awards. Penalties for bad practice (careful)
- Inform: Healthier options, saving money and time.
- Adapt: What is needed to support these changes and make the transition easier. (cycling huts, showers etc.)
- Review: Critically assess your plan, are there more improvements that could be made?