3. Consumer Research on Home Buying
To successfully promote your property to the market, it is
important to know how buyers found a home recently.
Our marketing strategies are designed to target the major buyer resources found in the
consumer research chart above because they are the most likely to result in a buyer for
4. Consumer Research on Home Buying
In the same consumer research performed by the National
Association of Realtors® Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers in
2008, when asked to name all of the resources the buyer used to
purchase a home, consumer response was as follows:
For clarification purposes, the first pie chart enumerates how the
buyer ultimately found the home they purchased. This chart displays
all resources buyers used during their home search.
5. THE GOALS OF EFFECTIVE MARKETING
To successfully promote your property to the market, a
comprehensive plan of targeted activities is essential.
Our marketing program has three aims:
I. Enlist the efforts of other real estate professionals [34% of buyers]
• The Prudential Real Estate Network
• Referral and relocation resources
• Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
• Direct promotion to real estate professionals most likely to have a buyer for your
home. [See next page for details]
II. Promote directly to prospective buyers
• The Internet [how 32% of buyers found their home]
• Yard sign [how 15% of buyers found their home]
• Open houses [how 15% of buyers found their home]
• Our on-site new homes sales division resale referral program
[how 7% of buyers found a home]
• Print newspaper [how 3% of buyers found a home in 2008]
• Fine Homes International Portfolio Magazine [how 1% of buyers found a home in
III. Maintain communication with you
• Receive a daily report of online buyers and changes in the market through our
exclusive Online Sellers Advantage System™.
• Review the results of our marketing activities
6. • Consult with you to fine-tune our marketing strategy, as needed
I. Enlist the Efforts of Other Real Estate Professionals
Fact: 34% of buyers found their home through a real estate professional, and 85% of
buyers in 2008 used a real estate professional as a resource to find a home,* so we
effectively target real estate professionals most likely to SELL your home.
1. Office Tour – our office will tour your home and provide feedback on the price and
salability. I will promote your home during weekly sales meetings to keep your home top-
of-mind to our agents.
2. Productive Agent Target Marketing – The 20% of agents that get you 80% of the
results. I have e-mail addresses of all agents that have listed and sold homes in this area
within the last year. These agents are the ones most likely to show and sell your home. The
minute you endorse my marketing efforts, they will receive property details on your home in
their inbox. In this way, those most likely to sell your home won’t have to search the
Multiple Listing Service for it – I will personally invite them to tour your home and bring a
3. Productive Showing Agent Contact – We have a Centralized Showing Service for
our entire Houston operations. I will review the showing reports throughout the term of our
listing agreement in search of agents with buyers that are showing homes that match yours. I
will call them and invite them to show your home while they are working with an actual
buyer! Very effective.
4. Gold Medallion – We want to enlist the entire MLS to show and sell your home and an
effective way to motivate them is through our Gold Medallion Rewards Program. If your
home qualifies to be displayed in our Gold Medallion Collection, [buyer ready – staged, pre-
inspection, preliminary title search, priced in line with market comparables] we will:
a. Place Special Remarks in MLS notifying agents of your homes Gold Medallion
status with a guarantee, if they sell it, to be entered in a drawing for $5,000.
b. Place a sign rider on your home denoting its Gold Medallion status.
c. Showcase it in a special Gold Medallion Collection on our web site.
d. Charge you, if it sells, $295 at closing.
e. The benefits of the program are that it places your home on a more level playing
field with new homes, where more often than not, builders offer big bonuses to
agents to sell their product. In a sea of competition, it makes your home stand out
over the competition in your neighborhood and in new home subdivisions.
*National Association of Realtors® 2008 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers.
7. II. Promote Directly to Prospective Buyers
1. The Internet: In 2008, 32% of all buyers found their home on the Internet and 87% of all
buyers used the Internet as a resource to find their home.* Potential buyers will have instant
access to information about your property through our industry-leading Web site network.
Your home will be displayed on the following buyer-targeted web sites.
*National Association of Realtors® 2008 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers.
8. INTERNET MARKETING EXPOSURE
Web Site Distribution and Overview
Your property information will be submitted to more Web sites on the Internet than any other
broker can provide including:
• GaryGreene.com - Viewers can custom search the entire Houston MLS by their own selection of
features. GaryGreene.com is the most frequently visited real estate company web site in Houston.
• Prudential.com - Prudential Real Estate has assembled a dynamic collection of established and
emerging online companies. From highly trafficked world-class search engines to real estate industry
start-ups, we select the companies that deliver EXPOSURE for home buyers and sellers. [See graph]
• Google.com – Visitors searching for homes in Houston can find your listing through a myriad of web sites
listed when they search for listings on Google or on www.googlebase.com.
- Your property will also receive added exposure through REALTOR.com. Realtor.com
is the most frequently visited real estate Web site in the world.
Once your listing is featured on Realtor.com, it will also be displayed on the following partner sites:
• CompuServe.com • HAR broker web
• Excite.com • Move.com • SrHousing.net
• HomeInsight.com • Moving.com • WelcomeWagon.com
• HAR agent web
• MSN.com • WorldProperties.com
• Har.com – har.com is the point of origination of your listing once it is uploaded to MLS. The best way
to leverage the power of har.com is to work with a Prudential Gary Greene, Realtors® agent. We get
more leads from har.com because we have more listings than any other broker in Houston.
• Trulia.com – Your property will be featured on this specialized search engine. Trulia.com helps rank our
listings high on the major portals, like Google.com, Yahoo.com and many other sites where buyers
search for properties. Trulia.com sends interested buyers to our listing agents.
Your property will also be submitted to these Web sites:
• Cyberhomes.com • Houston.org • Propsmart.com
• HoustonChronicle.com • Real Estate.com
• GARMLS.com • JustListed.com [registered
• Homes.com • LendingTree.com [registered
• Homescape.com • Oodle.com • Zillow.com
We believe this is the most comprehensive group of
buyer-targeted web sites available.
The most important words in Real Estate when selling your home
While Prudential.com remains the center of attention in our online consortium, we
also have a demonstrated track record of working with the best Web sites and the
most progressive symbiotic partners. Our proprietary Online Advantage solution
seamlessly transitions national prospects into local customers.
No other brand has a stronger commitment to EXPOSURE. Only Prudential Real
Estate delivers a collaboration system that provides the best of both worlds: personal
service from real estate professionals you can trust and powerful world class online
tools fueled by fresh property data.
10. Online buyer activity recorded from these sites goes into your Online Sellers
Advantage daily e-mail report from me.
ONLINE SELLER ADVANTAGE SM
What our daily e-mail reports look like.
N o t e : I f y o u p r e f e r w e e k l y u p d a t e s t o d a i l y , w e c a n
a c c o m m o d a t e y o u . H o w e v e r , e - m a i l r e l i e s o n s o m a n y
t e c h n o l o g i e s t o g e t t h r o u g h t o t h e r e c i p i e n t t h a t d a i l y
i s m o r e r e l i a b l e . W o u l d y o u p r e f e r d a i l y o r w e e k l y r e p o r t s ?
11. II. Promote Directly to Prospective Buyers
L O C A L A D V E R T I S I N G A N D P R O M O T I O N
Our innovative and aggressive advertising and marketing activities will
help attract qualified buyers to your property.
2. Local advertising
• Yard signs [how15% of buyers found their home] – Get the buyer
momentum benefit of having over 2,000 yard signs across Houston, more than
any other company.
• Open houses [how 15% of buyers found their home] – let’s schedule one
• On-site new home sales division referral program. [how 7% of buyers found
• The Houston Chronicle [3% of buyers come from print newspaper]
• Portfolio of Fine Homes Magazine. It is distributed to corporate relocation
clients, all offices for local distribution and is direct mailed to target market
neighborhoods. [1% of buyers come from home books]
• Billboards across Houston for over 7 years drive traffic to view your listing
3. Other Local advertising efforts
• Home buyers seminars are held periodically throughout the Houston area
market to educate buyers on the process, help them find financing and most
importantly showcase our listings.
• Many direct mail campaigns are conducted by our 1,000 citywide agents to
educate home buyers and to announce a new listing.
• Neighbors often have friends they would like to see move to the
neighborhood so “Just Listed” post cards will be sent to the neighborhood.
• Our philanthropy is “The Sunshine Kids” and in 2008, we raised $415,000
towards helping children with cancer enjoy a normal life. We believe in
supporting the communities that have done so much to make us successful.
12. • Please visit http://media.garygreene.com and you will find our Company
Overview, the latest Houston market metrics and news releases.
II. Promote Directly to Prospective Buyers
13. III. Maintain communication with you
14. A MARKETING PLAN FOR
The following marketing activities will promote your property to prospective
buyers and their real estate professionals.
Marketing Tactic Implementation
Take multiple pictures of your home
Review pictures with consultants for staging advice
Walk-through with Interior and Exterior Staging Checklist
Staging make-ready for photo shoot
Take pictures for multi-photo marketing on web & brochures
Install lock box with key
Install yard sign
Enter property into MLS and on www.GaryGreene.com
Listing distribution to web sites described in Internet section
Subscribe property to Online Sellers Advantage for daily
updates on status of the market and online buyer activity
Promote to Prudential Real Estate sales professionals
at office meeting
E-mail co-op agents who have listed or sold in area
Deliver home brochures to the property
Preview for Prudential Real Estate sales professionals
Real estate professionals preview
Advertise in newspaper
Review CSS company network report to find homes being
shown that match price and amenities of subject property
Feedback from Showing Service Realtor feedback
Distribute “Just Listed” eCards and postcards
15. A n d 1 9 2 O t h e r S t e p s t o G e t Y o u r
H o m e S o l d
A full copy is available to you upon request. This checklist assists us in insuring every possible step
is taken to sell your home and distinguishes us from limited service brokers that may or may not
charge for full service. We invite you to compare our skill steps in selling your home with anyone
else in the industry.
16. III. Maintain communication with you
FROM OFFER TO COMPLETED SALE
When our marketing efforts bring a purchase offer, I will:
Negotiate the agreement
• Explain the offer to you and answer your questions.
• Help you determine the best course of action by pointing out potential advantages
and disadvantages of the offer and clarifying the choices available to you.
• Prepare an Estimate of Net Proceeds based on the proposed price and terms.
• Negotiate through the buyer’s agent, and handle possible counter offers, to reach a
final agreement that is favorable to you.
Complete the transaction
• Explain to you in detail all the steps that will occur for a successful closing, and
answer any questions you might have.
• Work with the buyer’s broker, settlement officer, title officer and others to help
coordinate their activities and keep the transaction moving forward.
• Monitor progress of inspections, the buyer’s loan and other contingencies as called
for in the purchase contract. Resolve questions or problems that might arise, in order
to ensure a timely closing.
• Accompany the buyer and buyer’s agent during their final walk-through of the
• Assist you in handling details required for the completion of the transaction.
• Communicate with you on a regular basis so that you can stay informed and as
worry-free as possible.
Follow up after the sale closes
• Confirm that all your real estate-related needs have been met, and provide
information on service providers you may require.
• Offer relocation assistance, if moving to a new area.
• Help you locate a new home, if remaining in this area.