Why use a Mindmap?
Use right brain (visual, intuitive) as well as left
brain (logical, linear).
Make new connections between ideas.
Fast and easy to create.
Easy to learn.
How to use a mindmap
Work out the contents.
Prioritise the contents.
Format the mindmap.
Build to fit the clock.
Arrow where necessary.
Deliver against the clock.
5 minutes of fame!
• Introduce yourself.
• Start with an attention grabber.
• Make one main point in the presentation.
• Try to break this into list of three.
• End on a high point. This is what is
• If you can add an element of suspense, so
much the better.
How to make a mindmap with Powerpoint -
Mindmap - http://www.thinkbuzan.com/
Popplet - http://popplet.com/
VUE - http://vue.tufts.edu/index.cfm