By : GROUP 2Class : X-1 IslaMIC sENIOR HIGH sCHOOl sIdOaRjO 2011-2012
Member’s name :Dita Megah Sekar Sari (07)Dwi Anita Ningrum (08)Dwi Kurniati Khairunnisa’ (09)Ega Khansa Alifa (10)Elisa Kusno (11)Fryan Chentyo Joelia M. (12)Hena Machruzar (13)Henna Asokawati (14)
1. The scientist who analyzed mathematically the theory ofelectromagnetic fields and predicted that visible light was anelectromagnetic phenomenon was… A. James Clerk Maxwell B.Albert Abraham Michelson C.Heinrich Hertz D.Max Planck E.Michael Faraday
2. Consider the following figure.The figure shows an illustration of the propagationof an electromagnetic wave. In this case, X and Yrepresent the oscillations of…A.Electric current and average speedB.Electric current and voltageC.Electric and magnetic componentsD.Magnetic component and voltageE.Magnetic flux and electric potential
3. The speed of electromagnetic waves is determined bythe vacum permeability and permittivity. It can beformulated as… B.
4. The following statements are theproperties of electromagnetic waves,except…A.Electromagnetic waves are able to propagate in a vacuumB. Electromagnetic waves are transverse waveC. The frequency of an electromagnetic wave is equal to that lightD.Electromagnetic waves can be polarizedE. Electromagnetic waves obey the law of reflection
5. Electromagnetic wave for example light and Electromagnetic wave for example lightand waves can travel through interplanetary radio radio waves can travel throughand interstellarand interstellar space from theinterplanetary space from the sun and stars tosun and stars to eart.It means …. earth. It means …. D. An electromagnetic wave is not mechanical wave and does not require any medium for propagating.
6. Given some electromagnetic spectra as follows 1. infrared 2. television wave 3. ultraviolet radiation 4. gamma raysThe correct order of decreasing frequency of theelectromagnetic spectra consists of…. • A. 4, 3, 1, 2
Proof :• Sequence electromagnetic wave spectrum ranging from the smallest frequency to the greatest frequency : 1. radio wave 2. televison wave 3. micro wave 4.infra red 5. light 6. ultraviolet 7. x-ray 8. gamma
7. Among the following radio waves, the onewhich has the largest wave length is…..
Proof :NO FREQUENCY (Hz) LONG WAVE1. Very Long Frequency (VLF)2. Low Frequency ( LF)3. Medium Frequency (MF)4. High Frequency (HF)5. Very High Frequency (VHF)6. Ultra High Frequency ( UHF)
8. The electromagnetic spectrum, that is usually usedin technology of radio detection and ranging (radar)is… A.Radio waves B.Microwaves C.Infrared D.Gamma rays E.Television wave
9. The electromagnetic spectrum havingthe largest frequency is… A.Gamma ray B.X-ray C.Infrared D.Ultraviolet Radiation E.Radio wave
10. A radio station using the VHF wavebroadcasts a program at frequency 100MHz. If c = 3 x 108 m/s, the VHF wavelength of the VHF wave is… A.333 m B.300 m C.3,3 m D.3,0 m E.1,0 m
Because :We have : = 100 MHz = 10 8 Hz f c = 3 x 10 8Question : ƛ = . . . ? Answer : c =ƛ. f 3 x 10 8 = ƛ . 10 8 = ƛ c = rapid propagation 3,0 m = ƛ of electromagnetic ƛwave = wave lengththe VHF wave length of theVHF wave is 3,0 m f = frequency
11. Based som exper i m e ent s, el ect r omagnet i c waves havesom pr oper t i es, am e ong ot her s ar e as f ol l ows,except . . . . . . . . . a. They r equi r e a m edi um b. They ar e not i nf l uenced by t he el ect r i cf i el d c. The oci l l at i on i s per pendi cul ar t o t hepr opagat i on d. They can be r ef l ect ed and r ef r act ed e. They can exhi bi t pol ar i zat i on The answer i s: a. They requi re a m um edi Thi s r esponse was conf i r m edby sever al el ect r omagnet i c pr oper t i es as f ol l ows:~ can pr opagat e i n a vacuum~ i s t he t r ansver se wave~ can exper i ence a pol ar i zat i on , et cand t her e ar e no pr oper t i es t hat says ” t hey r equi r e amedi um . For m e det ai l s can be f ound on page 115 . ” or
12. Of the followings, the one which is theproperty of an electromagnetic wave is.......... a. It can be difracted but cannot interfere b. It can be polarized but cannot interfere c. It can interfere and be difracted d. It can be bent by both electric andmagnetic fields e. It requires a medium for propagating The answer is: c. It can interfere and be difracted
13. Consider the following statements(1) It does not propagate through a vacuum(2) Its speed is equal to the speed of light(3) It is electrically charged(4) It is produced by magnetic and electricfieldsTo the correct statement (s) dealing with the properties of electromagneticwaves is (are)..... a. 1, 2, and 3 b. 1 and 2 c. 2 and 4 d. 4 e. 1, 2, 3, and 4 The answer is: c. 2 and 4 to prove the answer, the same as the previous problem.
14. THE fOllOwING aRE THE PROPERTIEs Of aNElECTROMaGNETIC wavE, EXCEPT……a.ITs sPEEd dOEs NOT dEPENd ON THE kINd Of ITs MEdIUMB.IT CaN BE REflECTEdC.ITs HIGHEsT sPEEd OCCURs IN a vaCUUMd.IT CaN BE POlaRIzEdE.IT CaN PROPaGaTE IN a vaCUUM
15. Consider the following statements1)In the air, its speed is2)It can propagate in a vacuum3)It influences the film4)It is longitudinal waveThe statements that are properties ofelectromagnetic waves are……a.1 and 2b.1,2, and 3c.1 and 4d.2,3 and 4e.3 and 4
17. Gamma ray, infrared, and ultraviolet radiation are electromagnetic waves. The correct statement dealing with the speeds of the electromagnetic waves is….a. Gamma ray has the largest speedb. Ultraviolet radiation has the smallest speedc. Infrared has the largest speedd. Ultraviolet radiation gas a speed the magnitude of which is between gamma ray and infrarede. The three electromagnetic waves have the same speedThe answer is ..a. Infrared has the largest speedBecause infrared has the largest wave length.
18. If ultraviolet radiation, infrared, and X ray are represented by U, I, and X respectively, the correct order of increasing energy of those electromagnetic spectra is…a. U, I, Xb. U, X, Ic. I, X, Ud. I, U, Xe. X, I, UThe answer is..d. I, U, X
19. X ray has a wave length which is…a. Larger than 700 nmb. Between 400-700 nmc. Very larger than 700 nmd. Equal to 400 nme. Much smaller than 400 nmThe answer is …e. Much smaller than 400 nmBecause,1 nm = 10-9 m
20. The correct order of increasing wavelenght of the following electromagneticspectra is... D. X ray,ultraviolet radiation, visiblelight, infraredBecause the largest length is infrared, and the smallest lenght is X ray21. An electromagnetic spectrumthat can be seen is... C. Visible light22. The correct order of decreasing energy of the following electromagnetic spectrais... (A.Gamma ray, X ray, infrared) Because gammaray is the largest frequency,and in Planck law, the frequencycan influence energy, energy is proportional to the frequency
23. Among the following colours of light, the correct order of decreasing frequency is… C. blue; green; yellow; red. Warna Panjang gelombang x 10 -7(m) Frekuensi x 10 -14(Hz) Ungu 3,90 - 4,55 7,69 - 6,59 Biru 4,55 - 4,92 6,59 - 6,10 Hijau 4,92 - 5,77 6,10 - 5,20 Kuning 5,77 - 5,97 5,20 - 5,03 Jingga 5,97 - 6,22 5,03 - 4,82 Merah 6,22 - 7,80 4,82 - 3,84
25. A radio station using the VHF wave broadcasts a program at a frequency of 100 MHz. If c = 3x108 m/s, the time required by the VHF wave to travel a distance of 60km is…Because : We Have: T = S : V = 60.000 3x108 = 1 . 5 x 103 n = 100KHz = 100.000HzQuestion : … t?Answer : t = T . n = 1 . 100.000 = 20 s 5 x 103
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.