Poor forecasting of cash flow, revenues and profits, leading to surprises.Lack of awareness and compliance with loan covenants.Management has insufficient financial experience.
After 20 years and over 600 clients we have seen many ways that companies can fail. We call the business illusions..
1. “Every company…needs a Chief Financial Officer.” Peter Aronstam Partner B2B CFO®
2. • Founded 1987 • Headquartered in Phoenix, AZ • Nation’s largest CFO firm servingABOUT B2B CFO entrepreneurial, growth and mid-market companies with revenues <$75 million • 220 Partners in 45 states, representing >6,000 years of cumulative experience. • Partners average 25 years business experience; senior level executives with a broad expertise • Partners work with more than 600 businesses with combined annual sales >$3 Billion • Please visit online at www.b2bcfo.com B2B CFO® in INC. 5000 list 184% Growth Earns B2B CFO® Spot in the 2010 List of Fastest Growing Companies in America.
3. Why are we unique
4. Power of the Partnership
5. Typical Client (Day One) • Owner has become a “Minder” • Lack of financial visibility • Poor cash flow • Weak margins Finders • Exposure to fraud Minders • Low business value Grinders
6. Business owner • Misjudges how well the“illusions” company is doing • Mistakes in reading financial information • Overestimates cash flow of business • Makes poor choices due to faulty data
7. Where is the Cash Going? • Receivables increasing • Excess inventory • Excess capital expenditures • Operating expenses out of control = Owner contributing cash to cover overhead
8. Our Approach
9. Our Value Proposition
10. 5 ways • More time for owner • Increased financial visibility • Make company more bankable • Build company valuewe can help • Develop exit strategy
11. 7 Sustainable sales ways Managing gross margin Working capital management Capital expenditures Credit facilitiesto get more Cash driver metrics cash Projections
12. What doCompanyExecutives need for financial success? More Time An Exit Strategy Reduced Overhead
14. Typical Client Owner now has:(After Phase 2) • Goal clarity • Increased profits and cash • Trusted long term advisor • Seasoned partner • National partner resources • Successful exit strategies • No contract
15. Where do I go Virtual resources for help? include: • Bankers/ finance companies/ investors • Lawyers • CPAs/ tax advisors • Risk managers • Employment/ benefits/ payroll • Wealth managers
16. “Ideal Referral” • Business Owner • Chief Executive Officer • Executive Director (Not for Profit) of a company/NFP with revenues <$75 million p.a. If they do not require my services, they are likely to know someone in a peer group who does
17. “Ideal Client” • Business Owner • Chief Executive Officer • Executive Director (Not for Profit) of a company/NFP with revenues <$75 million p.a. wanting to increase cash, profitability, sales and company value (with or without an exit)
18. Peter Aronstam Partner - B2B CFO® firstname.lastname@example.org