MICROSOFT CAMPUS CLUB PRESENTTECHUNPLUGGEDPRELIMS
RULESThe quiz will be divided in prelims and finals.Prelims will contain 20 questions.Q 16-20 will be star marked.6 teams will qualify to the finals.Quizmaster is judge, jury and executioner.Hint-At all time remember, this is a “TECH QUIZ”.
1. Identify the logo of a company and its recent claim to fame.
2. Although this technology is still in its infancy, applications are beginning to appear. Flutter, a start-up in Palo Alto, California, is allowing anyone with a Mac or Windows computer and webcam to download an application that allows them to control music and video applications such as Spotify, iTunes, Windows Media Player, QuickTime, and VLC using X.
3. Surface acoustic wave Infrared grid Optical imaging These are some really cool names but we can only think about _____________and _____________.Its like people talk at it a lot without knowing that world is not just about these two.
5.Name the concept in the pic.(A sitter really)
6.The following is taken from the wiki page of X- In an August 2010 The Wall Street Journal article, X has played down its benefit from Y moving its China Z to Hong Kong, but Xs share of revenue in Chinas Z market grew six percentage points in the second quarter to 70%, according to Beijing-based research firm Analysis International. It is also evident that X is attempting to enter the internet social network market. As of 2011, it is discussing the possibility of working with Facebook, which would lead to a Chinese version of the international social network, managed by X. This plan, if executed, would face off X with competition from the two popular Chinese social networks Renren and Kaixin001 as well as induce rivalry with instant-messaging giant, Tencent QQ.IDENTIFY X.
7. Both 4G and 4G LTE refer to networking standards that are starting to replace the older 3G data networks used by wireless carriers, but they all use different technology. For those pondering the abbreviations, “3G” stands for Third Generation, “4G” stands for Fourth Generation and “4G LTE” stands for Fourth Generation, _______________. FITB?
10. As part of the ongoing cyber-warfare Britains MI-6 infiltrated an Al Qaeda website and replaced the recipe for a pipe bomb with the recipe for making _______, according to reports. Dubbed "Operation __________" by some, the sleight of hand involved substituting computer code into "Inspire," Al Qaedas online magazine.FITB.
11. Upon returning to Atari, X was assigned to create a circuit board for the arcade video game Z. According to Atari co-founder Nolan Bushnell, Atari offered $100 for each chip that was eliminated in the machine. X had little specialized knowledge of circuit board design and made a deal with Y to split the fee evenly between them if Y could minimize the number of chips. Much to the amazement of Atari engineers, Y reduced the number of chips by 50, a design so tight that it was impossible to reproduce on an assembly line. According to Y, X told him that Atari gave them only $700 (instead of the offered $5,000), and that Ys share was thus $350. Y did not learn about the actual bonus until ten years later, but said that if X had told him about it and had said he needed the money, Y would have given it to him. ID X and Z.
13. The Law states that the maximum number of voice conversions or equivalent data transactions that can be conducted in all of the useful radio spectrum over a given area doubles every 30 months. WHAT LAW/WHOSE LAW?
14. Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle FUNDA?
17.ID WHAT?Type PrivateIndustry Network security, Internet security, Security appliancesFounded 1999Headquarters New JerseyKey people Hemal PatelProducts Unified Threat Management, Firewalls, VPN, Antivirus, Antispyware, Antispam, Intrusion-prevention system, Content filtering, Central Console, Data loss prevention softwareEmployees 450+
18._______ is a sub-brand. The branding was created by Timothy Hanley to distinguish items that integrate consumer audio and video with conventional computing products. The ______ logo also represents the integration of analog and digital technology with the 1st half representing an analog wave and the 2nd half representing a digital binary code. ID this logo.
19. Which first that these two achieved and what was it named.
20.ID X or the song Who are we ? Who are we ? The International Family. We are T.J. Watson men, We represent the X, Are we right ? Well , I should smile ! We’ve been right for a very long time.