Overview Of KFC
• KFC is the world's most popular chicken
restaurant chain, specializing in Original Recipe
• Founded by Colonel Harland Sanders in 1952.
• More than 11,000 outlets in 85 countries and
territories around the world.
• They serve 8 million customers each day.
Strengths - Internal
• KFC is the 2nd largest food seller next to
• Generate $1B revenue each year.
• Very strong Internationally :UK, Middle East
Thailand, China, Japan, Korea, Mexico.
• Ranks highest among all chicken restaurant
chains for its convenience and menu variety.
• KFC Hygiene policy, availability of fresh product
all time give him good reputation among all
Weaknesses - Internal
• Rapidly increase of food prices are unaffordable for
middle class people.
• Weak in advertising its product.
• Due to sale drop. KFC bear the daily lose of ready
first foods and unable to maintained quality
• Have very few own activities in KFC
franchisees.(coping other ideas).
• Coordination among .
• Lack of focus on R&D.
• Lack of relationship building with
employees, customers and suppliers
Opportunities - External
• Increase in U.S median income.
• Increase delivery services.
• Chicken is more reliable and healthy as compare
with cow meat.
• Replace home meals very quickly.
• Introduce new products like fish and deals menu
that attracts customers.
Threats - External
• High prices on products .
• about 83 out of 100 competitor.
• Cloistral in deep fried chicken make customer
• Increase wage rate directly affect menu prices.
• changing customer demands.
• Quality of service focus.