Who am I?
Why a “Who am I?”
• Aymeric Gaurat-Apelli
• .NET developer/consultant since first beta
• Worked in France, Australia (Readify) and Thailand
• Web entrepreneur
• Facebook games (1M users/day)
• http://weekplan.net (knockout.js SPA)
• Principal developer at Jetabroad (Thailand)
Yes you can… kind of.
Don’t repeat yourself
Simplicity (and avoiding complexity)
should always be a key goal.
You aren’t going to need it.
LAW OF DEMETER
Code components should only
communicate with their direct relations
A component of code (e.g. class or function)
should perform a single well defined task.
Depend upon Abstractions.
Do not depend upon Concretions.
How would you rewrite this code?
More structure for your code
Allow you to reuse snippets of
HTML and to bind it to your data
Choose a template engine
Fast templating engine.
There is no block level scope.
A bit different from C#
Dependencies versus events
at the end of your HTML document
2. Bundle and minify
3. Work with css classes instead of working
Fantastic micro libraries
to use and learn from
Blog about new stuff