Transcript of "Social media for score august 2013"
Can you afford not to?
E-Smartz Aug 2013
● Why consider social media marketing
● Current platform statistics and trends
● Deciding which platforms are best for you
● What is your goal - sales? awareness?
leads? buzz? ideas for innovation?
● Planning social media activities
● Tracking social media effectiveness
Social Media Marketing Statistics
1. Social Media has become the #1 activity on the Web
2. 93% of marketers use social media for business. (WordPress Hosting SEO)
3. The fastest growing segment of social media users is now adults aged
45-54. (55% of this age group now have a profile on at least one social
4. Email is still the most effective way to reach top executives: 90% say they
check their inboxes regularly; 64% use LinkedIn on a regular basis; while
55% say the same for Facebook. (WordPress Hosting SEO).
5. Facebook = mobile. 54% of Facebook members have used the social
network via a smartphone, and 33% use it as their primary means of
Facebook access. (State of Search)
6. 25% of all internet searches last year were made on mobile devices. And
25% of all U.S. internet users are mobile only (includes tablets).
7. 22% of online users check social media sites several times a day.
Note: Tweets are limited to 140 characters;
Twitter started the use of hashtags (e.g., #royalbaby)
infographic source: growingsocialmedia.com
LinkedIn a social network for professional purposes that allows members
to “connect” by invitation, and to request introductions via their 1st level
connections to others. LinkedIn Groups are useful for members in similar
fields to exchange help/information.
● LinkedIn launch date: May 5, 2003
● Total number of LinkedIn users: 238 million
● Geographical reach of LinkedIn: 200 countries and territories
● Percentage of users that check LinkedIn daily: 40%
● Percentage of LinkedIn visits via mobile: 27%
● Total number of LinkedIn business/company pages: 3 million
● Over 70% of professional jobs are now posted on LinkedIn
● Total number of LinkedIn Groups: 1.5 million
● Avg. time a user spends monthly on LinkedIn: 17 minutes
● Date LinkedIn went public: May 19, 2011
bolted into 3rd.
700,000 users to
more than 20
15% of Internet
users are now on
Women 5X more
likely to use it.
1. Choose your business name in tandem with finding a
corresponding domain name.
2. Develop your brand attributes: logo, color scheme,
3. Launch/update your website (consider Wordpress for CMS).
4. Identify your target market’s demographics.
5. Choose 3-5 social platforms to start (e.g. Facebook, Email
Marketing, LinkedIn company page, Google Places page).
6. Develop a social marketing calendar.
7. Develop a way to track results (spreadsheet,e.g.)
8. Get help when needed - consider outsourcing.
How To Get Started?
inforgraphic source: cmo.com
How Much Is Enough/Too Much?
Depending on the type of post:
● Posting more than daily may be needed for time-sensitive
promotion/event, especially on Twitter
● For less urgent posts, once or more per week
The key is to know your audience - - will posts be appreciated or be a
○ Set up Google Alerts
○ Twitter Search: search.twitter.com
● Keep a timeline record of social media activities to
correlate to results.
● Be consistent vs. hit and miss.
● Allow time for your “garden to grow.”
● If a platform isn’t yielding after 3-4 months, adjust
● Use tools like Google Analytics.
Track Social Media Effectiveness
● You need a social media plan.
● Social media isn’t free: it costs time. Ensure you
have the time and resources to add new content and
interact with fans/followers.
● Social media should complement your website and
other forms of marketing and advertising - it cannot
● Start with something manageable and expand from
Gostou de algum slide específico?
Recortar slides é uma maneira fácil de colecionar informações para acessar mais tarde.