Reflections and ramblings of a newly minted post doc sarah-jane_schramm
The Inside Voice
Reflections and ramblings of a newly minted post-doc…
With sincere thanks to the National Council of Women NSW
Olena Pchilka Branch of the Ukranian Women’s Association NSW
Systems biology: an inter-disciplinary field of study that focuses on complex interactions
within biological systems, using a more holistic perspective…instead of the more
traditional reductionism (thanks Wikster!)
Food for thought…
• Identify strengths as a researcher and make good use of them.
• In the post-genomic era - collaborate or croak!
• Publish your first year literature review.
• Supervisors/lab heads to enable students/staff to seek out inter and
• Is generalising a speciality?
• Has the dawning of a golden age of systems biology necessitated new
roles for generalists who can sit in the space between coders,
statisticians, clinicians, molecular biologists et al.?