* It’s a open source IDE. * Latest version is NetBeans 7.0 * Following type of applications can be created: >Desktop applications >Enterprises applications >Web applications & >Mobile applications, etc.
3. Contents History of NetBeans NetBeans IDE NetBeans Platform NetBeans Tour Applications T A li i Tour
4. History of NetBeans fN The Journey
5. History of NetBeans y NetBeans basically stands for Network JavaBeans. NetBeans in 1996. A final year student project project. It was named as “Xelfi” (meaning Delphi for UNIX). Group of 7 who started a college project. G f h d ll j Initially in C++, later on they switch to Java 1.0.2. Started selling it on the internet for approximately $20 USD as the Shareware, got successful.
6. The Founder Jaroslav Tulach is one of the 7 founders of the NetBeans. Working with Sun Microsystems (now Oracle) as NetBeans Architect.
7. The NetBeans In1997, Roman Stanek, a Czech Entrepreneur founded the NetBeans with the same college project. g p j Presented NetBeans 2.0 Beta successfully @ Java One in 1998. In 1999, Sun Microsystems acquire NetBeans. From 1999 till date, Sun founded a dedicated team for NetBeans.
8. NetBeans IDE The Development
9. NetBeans IDE It s It’s a open source IDE. Latest version is NetBeans 7.0 Following type of applications can be created: Desktop applications Enterprises applications Web applications & Mobile applications
11. NetBeans PlatformN l f The Real Tool
12. NetBeans Platform Broad Swing-based framework for large desktop Swing based applications. The IDE itself is based on the NetBeans Platform. Platform contains APIs (Application Programming Interface). Handles Windows, Actions, Files, etc. Provides Modularity Modularity. Develop your own plug-in or for NetBeans. RCP (Ri h Client Platform) (Rich Cli t Pl tf )
13. Top 10 APIs p Module System API y Lookup API Window System API FileSystems API DataSystems API Nodes API Explorer & P E l Property Sheet API Sh Pallete API Visual Library API Utilities API
14. The Comparison Chart p NetBeans Platform Eclipse RCP pUI Toolkit Standard Swing toolkit SWTUI Design Free, award winning, Matisse Commercial alternatives GUI BuilderModule System Standard OSGi module system Standard OSGi module system or NetBeans-specific module systemBuild System Out of the box, Maven or Ant ProprietaryJDK Support VisualVM, a NetBeans Platform No equivalent support application, is in the JDK, so pp , , many JARs from the NetBeans Platform are in the JDK tooTraining Free community-based trainings No equivalent support for non-commercial organizations
15. NetBeans Tour Quick Look
16. Splash Screen p
17. NetBeans IDE
18. Applications TourA l The Snapshot
19. Student App based on NB Platform
20. Northrop Grumman Agile Client
21. Tactical GeographicalInformation System (TGIS)
24. Boeing Mass PropertiesToolkit
25. Modular U i b dM d l Unix-basedVulnerability EstimationSuiteS i (MUVES)