Science and Virtual Reality: The Present and Future of Education through Immersive 3D Worlds
Science and Virtual Reality
The Present and Future of Education through Immersive 3D Worlds
Presented by Joshua Gough
● Introduce virtual reality (VR) and Second Life
● Discuss organizations currently using VR for
● Discuss educating students with this technology
● Discuss future implications of VR education
● Introduce resources (web and local) for learning
Virtual reality (VR) is a technology which allows a user to interact with
a computer-simulated environment, be it a real or imagined one. --
U.S. Navy personnel using a VR parachute trainer
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.